Should I call the Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willk23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am still waiting to hear back from 4 dental schools? Should I call them and see what the deal is with my application? I am sure its not good since it is taking this long. I am just wondering. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So I am still waiting to hear back from 4 dental schools? Should I call them and see what the deal is with my application? I am sure its not good since it is taking this long. I am just wondering. Thanks

you can call and express interest. It wont hurt but it probably wont help either. Just call and see what they'll tell you. I've called a few before they just told me that my app is still under review.

Schools don't really have to get back to you. At this point I'm suspecting that no news is bad news. I only heard back from 5/13 schools (4 interviews, 1 rejection). Others have not made a peep, and if I call, they simply say, "You're still under review."

U of Pittsburgh told me they're not even sure if they're going to interview anymore, basically a veiled way of saying, "You didn't make the cut."

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools are still giving interviews. Call and reiterate interest.

Yeah, some schools are definitely still giving interviews. I got three this week. Now I am starting to feel like I might get more?

I would say you still have about a week left of realistic hope to land an interview at some schools.

Call. Call and call again until your name is notoriously whispered as mildly annoying but well-known in the schools that you want.

You should call. Some schools like NYU and VCU like interest shown.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it better to call or email??

Also, what do you say?

"hi my name is so and so and I jsut want to check on the statu of my application?"

To OP, maybe your schools are waiting for your academic update? Give it some time if AADSAS hasn't even recalculated your GPAs yet. Good luck!