This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobethegoat24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a junior with 3.79 GPA and after summer semester will most likely have a 3.84 GPA. My science GPA is 3.9. I have been working my A** off for the past 3 years to become a pharmacist but was stupid and didn't research the job outlook. I am now thinking of switching to a different field like PA but was wondering if I have a chance at medical school. If I took 2 years off after college working as a clinical tech or medical assistant would I have a chance at medical school. I have bought an MCAT book to help prepare for my senior year. Be honest with me, any answer is appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is fine for many MD and all DO schools. If your MCAT is over 500 you could receive interviews at DO schools and if 508 or higher you could receive interviews at MD schools.

Thanks for the response, do you think Orgo 2 and biochem are important for the MCAT. I want to start studying now but don't know what would be the best source for studying

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile