Should I continue to interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sp1997

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve been accepted into Marquette and Case Western and waitlisted at UIC so far. Those were my only pre-Dec interviews too. However I just received an interview at UPenn! I’m very excited but I’m wondering if it’s worth the money to interview at other schools? Or what is the benefit of continuing to interview even after you’ve been accepted? Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I mean if you’ve been accepted to your first choice school, I would say decline your interview and give someone else a shot. But if Penn is your first choice, I say go interview and knock it out the park, you’ve got an acceptance anyway so it takes a little pressure off

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
what is the benefit of continuing to interview even after you’ve been accepted?

If you have gotten into your top choice, there's not really a point to keep interviewing! Unless there's a possibility you change your mind about another school.
Good luck at Penn! When are you interviewing?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Penn is one of the most expensive programs in the country unless they give you a big scholarship, which they are sometimes known to do. Marquette seems decently priced for a private school, and way better priced than Case Western.

If you have the money and time to interview at Penn, then I honestly would go just in case they do accept you and offer you a decently sized scholarship that makes Penn cheaper than Marquette.

Reactions: 1 user
When are you interviewing?

I haven't called them back to determine an interview date yet because I'm in finals all day, but hopefully over winter break before the next semester starts

I haven't called them back to determine an interview date yet because I'm in finals all day, but hopefully over winter break before the next semester starts
most, if not all schools do not interview over the break