Should I drop a class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a-wee-animalcule

Reaction score
Hello, exactly as the title said. I am wondering if y'all might have any suggestions regarding this. Context: current GPA = 3.96, sGPA = 3.95.
I'm a senior right now and have applied to medical school but as an international student I wouldn't say that I am 100% confident that I would land an offer this cycle, thus I am scared that a A- or possible B+ will negatively affect my odds should I have to apply again next year. I understand that the admissions process is rather holistic and that it is not dependent solely on GPA btw but I hope y'all can share y'alls thoughts on this matter specifically. My pre-med advisor told me that this really isn't a big deal since it would probably bring my GPA down to about a 3.94 but I'm scared that this might hurt my chances in applying to the top schools.
I suppose another consideration is that this is one of the upper-level courses that I am supposed to take to fulfill a requirement and while I can drop this, I'll have to take a class that fulfills this requirement next semester and that would bump me up to full-time which is pretty expensive. I was thinking about whether it would be possible to take this at a community college in the area where it's so much cheaper but i'm not sure if my department would accept it. So another issue is whether i should bother spending that extra money next semester to get an A.
Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

You are overthinking this! Don't drop the class.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users