should i go to an interview at temple if i got accepted to case?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nightmoves

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry there seems to be a lot of these type of posts. I have bought a plane ticket already $430! Damn. I am sick of spending money on interviews.
I think I like Case better. I like the pass/fail system and the nontraditional teaching style. However, temple is toward the east coast. Which i think would be more fun. I'm from the midwest. Also, temple seems to have the edge on clinical experience. But, Temple scares me because of the bad location and run down facilities. Is it worth the flight?

Members don't see this ad.

is it refundable? if not, then go... you seem interested. if it is refundable, i'd suggest keeping the cash and going to Case

thanks. I would get around $340 back as credit toward another flight.

Members don't see this ad :)
Having interviewed at both schools, I would choose Case. While Temple has a good clinical program going for them, I don't think that Case has a weak clinical program. Additionally, I think that Case has a stronger traditional classroom program, since I never heard anyone mention Temple's coursework as being particularly great, but the students that gave us a tour really liked their classroom experience.

If you think you would attend Temple, go. If not, don't.

I was in a similar situation. I was accepted to Temple but I had already bought my ticket to Case. Haha. It sucks, doesn't it? My ticket was non-refundable. I hate interviews and flying, but decided to go and to make the most out of it. I was also wondering about Case, and had not put it out of my mind 100% as an option, so it was good to go to the school and see it in person.

I agree with toofshucker. You're losing out on $340 if you're already set on Case. Or you're losing out on an opportunity at Temple if you are still considering it.

loved. Are you going to temple?

you interested in coursework at Temple? www.DMDstudent.com

No one ever talks about coursework (at any school) because it is just coursework. You learn dentistry at any school. We go to biochem and anatomy just like everyone else. We learn the cranial nerves and the difference between staph and aureus;) Anyone catch that? The first year is easy the second year sucks and then you start doing real dentistry in a cool city close to other cool cities and I the clinics and lecture rooms have been approved for renewal - the only glitch, no one knows when.

If you want the option, go, if not take the acceptance and 340 bucks and buy something fun with it. good luck