So now this thread has officially taken the direction of accusing me of making totally baseless claims about the pharmacist job market, simply because I haven't taken the formal steps of applying for a real-life pharmacist job and experienced what the actual job search is like. In addition, the information related to hiring that I have received from DMs and DOPs (and at least one other member on this forum has spoken to these same people -- in fact, it was an SDN member who initially told me about the hospital job market in my area) is now considered to be totally inaccurate because it is anecdotal, while the anecdotes of members who state that they were able to find pharmacist employment in rural regions of GA are considered to be objectively accurate indications that the job market isn't as bad off as I insist it to be. Yeah, the logic makes sense. Now I'm the one exaggerating how bad the job market is. I guess a PDI rating of 2.65 (indicating more pharmacists overall than jobs) for GA is also an exaggeration, despite the fact that, if anything, this number would be manipulated so as to NOT make the job market look as bad as it really is (considering that the data comes from the AACP).
How about this: if the job listing sites for CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, Publix, Bi-Lo, any other chains, and hospitals have ZERO job listings, then the market is full. Of course, this piece of information will only be considered to be accurate and legitimate if it comes from a real-life pharmacist who has also witnessed the same state of circumstances I just described. It's like someone saying that they will not consider "10" to be a correct answer to the math problem "5+5 = ?" unless that answer comes from a doctoral degree-holding mathematician.