Should I Include Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njshibby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i had a rough year and a half to start college..was young for the grade didn't take things seriously and what nots...but turned it around to get good grades and MCAT. MCG has an essay asking if there is anything else I think they should consider when looking at the app...do you all think i should include an essay saying i learned from my mistakes stronger work ethic and such because of it or just leave it for what it is a begining screw up. thanksss

Members don't see this ad.

I think that, if discussed tactfully, this can be a beneficial contribution to your application. Assuming you didn't address this in any other part of your application (AMCAS, other secondary prompts, etc...) it sounds like this spot would be the appropriate place to do it.

Don't make excuses. State what happened, how you recovered from it, and what you did to address it. Doesn't have to be something long and drawn out.

Just my opinion. Others are welcome.

njshibby said:
So i had a rough year and a half to start college..was young for the grade didn't take things seriously and what nots...but turned it around to get good grades and MCAT. MCG has an essay asking if there is anything else I think they should consider when looking at the app...do you all think i should include an essay saying i learned from my mistakes stronger work ethic and such because of it or just leave it for what it is a begining screw up. thanksss