Should I Include This EC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarlettsky

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In early 2020, I started volunteering Clinical Volunteering in the hospital. Then volunteering was stopped almost right away because of COVID-19. I basically only volunteered for 3-5 hours TOTAL. Later that year, I started a Non-Clinical Volunteering myself (mostly online in the beginning) to teach a subject I know a lot about to some youth in my community.

I never started the Clinical Volunteering again. Should I even include it on my application? I feel like it's embarrassing to have so little hours of it and or if it seems like I'm stretching or something to keep it on there, but I do plan on mentioning/talking about it when they ask questions like "how did COVID impact you" because that's my story. So would it be better to have it on there anyway even if it takes the place of something else? (I've done a few research projects but can probably combine them.)

Note: I've worked in a healthcare position for a couple years and have lots of hours, so I'm not concerned about clinical hours, but I don't have another "clinical volunteering" on my application, so any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I basically only volunteered for 3-5 hours TOTAL...I never started the Clinical Volunteering again. Should I even include it on my application?
Including it looks petty and highlights a major weakness (lack of clinical volunteering) although I'm unsure how forgiving adcoms will be this far out from the pandemic.

Including it looks petty and highlights a major weakness (lack of clinical volunteering) although I'm unsure how forgiving adcoms will be this far out from the pandemic.
I see. I do have a few thousand hours of clinical work experience and a few hundred hours of the non-clinical volunteering I mentioned in the first post. Do you think that'll help or is it still bad not to have clinical volunteering? If I don't get accepted this cycle, will it make a big difference that I should find some clinical volunteering?