Should I lose hope for this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JLIM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 5th batcher with 4.0 GPA, sGPA, and 21 AA. I thought I have a pretty good chance at D-school, but I just realized that I made a HUGE mistake on my application. So this is my situation.

I took one course at a branch campus of my university, and my university issues only one transcript covering both campuses. Plus, there is no distiction between campuses in terms of degree (degree does not indicate which campus a student registered).

Because of this, I thought both campuses belong to the same institution, and I did not list each campus seperately. Instead, I only listed my home campus and included all courses under it. I thought I did correctly, and AADSAS did not claim anything about this.

And I got an interview invite from NYU in early last month, so I didn't have any doubt that I did correctly. But I recently told by a friend who was in the same situation that I should list campuses seperately whether the university issues one transcript or seperate transcripts. I e-mailed AADSAS to ask about this, and they confirmed that I should've seperately list campuses and that I clearly made a mistake.

I had no reason to hide my attadance at the branch campus; I got A- from the course. But I am concerned because D-school may think that I was trying to cheat on application by not listing the branch campus.

Do you guys think that I should lose hope for this cycle except for NYU?
Do you know any possible way that I can fix such a mistake?
Any helps are greatly appreciated in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

Contact the schools immediately and explain your situation. I'm sure they will put a note and take that into consideration. You got great stat and don't lose hope.

I don't get why it would matter if you listed it either way. The class would still be listed under your coursework and there's no advantage in listing it under one campus. I think you're freaking out over nothing. Just explain the situation and I'm sure it'll have no effect on your application.