Should I mention this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EliottReid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think that's a fabulous thing to do, and something that would certainly stand out from the crowd. I'd be sure the 'public service' angle comes through

Reactions: 1 user
That sounds awesome! What country are you in?

#NoCreep

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds awesome and unique, and it'll make you stand out. Definitely mention it somewhere on your app!

Yes

Hello all,

I hope your semester is going great.

I have done a BIG project in my country that took me 6 months to complete. In the U.S. I have noticed how easy it is to go everywhere you want because of GPS and google maps. My country basically doesn't have that, so I took thousands of pictures, names of businesses, buildings, addresses, schools ...etc. (official names and also how we call them locally) and I was able to fill out google maps pretty nicely even if it was for one city only. My friends back there are starting to do the same thing for their cities. I was wondering if I could mention that or is it just not relevant?

We are also planning on making an app for that city and more if it works but that's a future project and we're still learning how all this works.

Thank you :)