Should I pursue an MPH?

Started by turtlot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

turtlot

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's been a long time since I have posted on here and how things have changed. I'm currently completing my master's in social work and will be graduating this August. I'm nervous on where my path will take me next. I have my bachelor's degree in kinesiology and went on to physical therapy school before realizing I enjoy people more than muscles and bones.

I am considering getting an MPH because I would love to work with non-profits that focus on community health. Social work has taught me that so many communities have a number of healthcare disparities and how much the environment influences accessibility to resources. Along my social work education, I have discovered that I really enjoy statistical outcomes and analyzing gaps in provided services.

Thoughts on all of this?!
 
I do think an MPH would be helpful for the nonprofit community health work that you describe. I'm an MD with an MPH, and I think it's been a helpful addition to my knowledge base. Most MPH programs will provide you with a solid statistics foundation, as well. Go for it!