Should I re take Chemistry II?

Started by grahamswan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

grahamswan

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so I just got my grade back for my Chemistry II lecture class. It's a C.

How bad does this look? I've applied to PT schools already, and am waiting to hear from them in December/Jan. I have a 3.8 GPA, and had (not anymore) a 4.0 pre-rec GPA with a GRE of 650V 690Q. Will a C put me out of contention? I am dreading the PTCAS academic update. Should I sign up to re-take chemistry II for next semester? Should I risk it, and just let the C stand?
 
Other than the Chem grade, your stats look great so I would think your chances are still good. Also, if you retake Chem II, you won't have a new grade in time for it to be considered anyway. So why not just wait and see if you get in anywhere, and if not, retake Chem II in the summer or fall and reapply.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I get the feeling that with your awesome stats otherwise, it'll merely be something you'll have to explain at your interviews, not a reason you won't get them.
 
Looks pretty bad. How can you practice physical therapy without a solid grasp of redox reactions and how to construct a battery from common household items?

I hope it's clear that I'm being ridiculous.

If you had to get a C in any class, second semester chem seems like the one to do it. Doing well in physiology is probably far more important and relevant to the field. And you don't need a super sophisticated chemistry background to grasp physiology. And you may have already aced that class.

Seems like you're super competitive as it is without investing more time, energy and money in search of "perfection".
 
Thanks for the input everyone.
I've decided to just leave the C as is for now. I do get a little obsessed with perfection...