Should I report COMLEX II to ACGME programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ApplesAndOranges89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have taken: USMLE Step 1, COMLEX I, COMLEX II CE & PE.

I dropped the ball somehow on the COMLEX II CE & PE, have retaken the PE but haven't got the results back yet, and will be taking the CE again in a couple of days. I basically choked during the PE, and during the CE I didn't bother studying any OMM, which there happened to be 6 questions regarding FPR (Facilitated Positional Release) which I forgot because I never use it -- also took a break and didn't realize it took time away from my test, which caused me to attempt to expedite every question for about 2 blocks, which still ran out of time and I just started guessing... Won't make that mistake again.

Anyhow, I applied to both AOA & ACGME programs, had to report the COMLEX for the AOA, but have only reported the USMLE to the ACGME programs so far.... Received two interviews recently, and I'm hoping I can wait until I get passing results on the COMLEX II before re-submitting passing [hopefully] scores before my interviews.

I've received two ACGME interviews, but no AOA so far... I'm applying to Pediatrics.

Should I have to report now, or is it best for me to wait and report later? I'm assuming it'll be best to wait and report it later...

Please help. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There is no requirement to ever release your COMLEX scores to allo programs, that I know of. Once you match, you'll need to release your scores for licensing.