Should I retake Cell Bio???

Started by ddsjc2014
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ddsjc2014

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received C- on the Cell bio and C+ on the E.bio.
I did study but didn't get the concept. I received A on the Biochem, B on ecology, B+ molecular bio, B- on genetics, A- g.chem, B g.chem2, A- on orgo1, B on Orgo2. A- physics, B physics 2, A Physiology.
My prehealth advisor told me not to retake it b/c the admission might said it is kind late retaking cell bio on senior year. She recommended me to taking Micbio instead and get A on this. What do you guys think??
Should I retake Cell bio???
Haven't take DAT yet....
 
It's really up to you. I think taking a higher level bio class and acing is a good thing, but also, the C- looks... eh, I'm not sure how they'll think but is it kind of tough on your GPA? I personally would actually retake the class and replace that C- with an A. Yes, it'll be on your transcript, but I think by showing them that you gave it a second try and got an A on it, you improved and are willing to the effort in......... and not a give upper...?
 
I received C- on the Cell bio and C+ on the E.bio.
I did study but didn't get the concept. I received A on the Biochem, B on ecology, B+ molecular bio, B- on genetics, A- g.chem, B g.chem2, A- on orgo1, B on Orgo2. A- physics, B physics 2, A Physiology.
My prehealth advisor told me not to retake it b/c the admission might said it is kind late retaking cell bio on senior year. She recommended me to taking Micbio instead and get A on this. What do you guys think??
Should I retake Cell bio???
Haven't take DAT yet....

How did you score an A in biochemistry and do well in Molecular Bio but a C- in cell bio? Im confused because they almost all go hand in hand