Should I retake CHEM II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mavs88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've made a similar thread before in the MD forum, but the purpose of this is really more DO.

I made a C in the lecture part of CHEM II in my freshman year...as I was a total loser and didn't try. I also have AP credit for it.

I'm honestly pretty good w/ Chemistry as I'm expecting an A in Ochem2, and made an A in ochem1. I could retake CHEM II for an A....it would potentially improve my final DO sGPA from 3.84 --> 3.91. Or my overall GPA from 3.8 --> 3.85.

Problem is that it's incredible difficult to fit into my schedule before applications in one year from now...and I need other courses for my degree plan.

Should I retake or just try to kill that part on the MCAT to show I'm competent?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've made a similar thread before in the MD forum, but the purpose of this is really more DO.

I made a C in the lecture part of CHEM II in my freshman year...as I was a total loser and didn't try. I also have AP credit for it.

I'm honestly pretty good w/ Chemistry as I'm expecting an A in Ochem2, and made an A in ochem1. I could retake CHEM II for an A....it would potentially improve my final DO sGPA from 3.84 --> 3.91. Or my overall GPA from 3.8 --> 3.85.

Problem is that it's incredible difficult to fit into my schedule before applications in one year from now...and I need other courses for my degree plan.

Should I retake or just try to kill that part on the MCAT to show I'm competent?

Thanks!

While its usually a good idea to retake c and below your GPA is high enough. You're fine. Focus on the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user