Should I retake classes or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skf805

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
currently I'm a community college student and I'm getting ready to transfer to either UCSB or UCSD. I'm leaning towards SB because from what I'm hearing SD is just too serious for me.

Anyways, I graduated in 2006 from high school and had to take a year off and then spend 3 years in CC. Not because I wanted to. My mom got diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 and then died in 2008 and then 3 months after I get diagnosed with stomach cancer and it is just now going into remission.

Well during that time I took classes and I had to drop classes and and so on and so forth and my GPA is a 3.5 in CC. I have 8 W's on my transcript and I haven't taken any major pre-med courses in CC other than General chemistry for 3 quarters. I got B's all three quarters in Lab and lecture and I know it wasn't because it was hard. It was just because I had other crap to focus on.

So for the first time in a long time I can focus just on school. I want to go to whatever university and retake chemistry as well as take my other pre-med classes. However, I'm not sure if thats a good idea from what I've read.

I know for a fact that I can get an A in every class I take from here on out, not because I'm cocky but just because I can finally study without worrying about anything.

What do you guys think? Should I retake those classes or just leave them?

(BTW, I posted this earlier but I didn't think the first title of it would draw anyone in to help answer sorry)

Members don't see this ad.

You mean taking the classes that you had W's or do you have any Cs in your transcript that you want to retake?

Yes, I have 2 C's not in anything major and I will have to remake the W's no matter what. I wanted to remake the chemistry classes that I got the B's in.

I don't know if I would retake a class that you got a B in. Perhaps just excel at the next level and get an A.