Should I retake my DAT? 16 on RC

Started by daz91
Tags Tags
dat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

daz91

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I took my DAT this month and these are my scores:

Bio-23
Gchem - 23
Ochem -23
PAT -20
Math -18
RC -16

I am a Bio major. My GPA is 3.9.

Do I have a chance? Should I retake? I am afraid my RC score will kill my application.

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cali schools are VERY competitive, there are schools that would overlook at a low RC and QR if the rest of your applications is strong, however its getting late in the cycle so chances are slim. You have a very strong GPA. If you are applying this cycle you should add more schools outside of Cali just to be safe, but you are applying next cycle you are probably fine as long as you apply super early and have great EC, PS and LORs to solidify your application.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
What schools out of CA would you recommend?

Thanks!!