Should I retake or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efficient

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
zzz

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm somewhat new to the forum but I need some advice. Should I retake the DAT or not?
I'm trying to get as many comments and ideas as possible. Thanks in advance.
PAT 17
Bio 20
Gen chem 20
Organic 20
QR 19
RC 23
TS 20
AA 20
Overall GPA: 3.76 Science 3.55
Thanks in advance. All comments are appreciated. :)

definitely a retake! you got a 19 in QR and only a 23 in RC. That in conjunction with your sub-par 3.76 and you won't even get an interview.....

did you just start this thread to brag?

No, I did not put this thread to brag at all. Actually, I took the DAT a month ago and felt good about my scores. But after reading all the posts here about the DAT scores, I started freaking out because the scores posted here are ridiculously high. I'm worried about the 17 in PAT. Any comments are appreciated.:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
No one even cares about the PAT. As long as you reach a certain threshold you're fine. And i'd say 17 is right at the threshold..

I think you have a good chance of getting in. Looks like your stats are very competitive. Where are you applying to?

PAT is important but AA and TS definately outweight the PAT. GPA is also very good. Good luck

Hang in there :)

No, I did not put this thread to brag at all. Actually, I took the DAT a month ago and felt good about my scores. But after reading all the posts here about the DAT scores, I started freaking out because the scores posted here are ridiculously high. I'm worried about the 17 in PAT. Any comments are appreciated.:oops:

No, don't retake at all...you are in perfectly good shape. The first reply to your thread was sarcastic...

People in SDN are way above average in all areas, including DAT scores GPA, etc....

Don't let anyone on here scare you into thinking that you don't have good enough stats. You have to look at the data for matriculants, for which you are well above average for most schools.

I believe the average DAT is around 19.2 and the average gpa is around 3.6. You beat both of those, and with lots of community service and shadowing, you will be fine.

As for the PAT, I know that some schools care, others don't. I personally heard some adcoms say that they didn't care at all what you scored on the PAT, it was just supplemental. Contact individual schools for more info.

Plus, I know for a fact that some of these people have lied when they say they got a 25-26 on their tests.

Only around 20 ppl a year get scores in each of those ranges (which means they missed around 5-10 questions on the WHOLE test) and it seems as if 20-30 people post that they have these sorts of scores.

Thank you all for the replies. By the way, I'm applying to Case, Marquette, Nova, USC, NYU, New Jersey, Nebraska, and Temple.

Thank you all for the replies. By the way, I'm applying to Case, Marquette, Nova, USC, NYU, New Jersey, Nebraska, and Temple.

Just judging off your scores I would guess you get into half of those schools maybe more

No you're scores are pretty good