MD Should i retake? Overall 512

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texas44

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chem and Physics - 128 (87%)
CARS - 125 (58%)
Bio - 129 (93%)
Psych/Soc - 130 (97%)

Overall GPA: 3.86 (Still have two semesters to bring up)

Wanting to apply to Texas medical schools. My #1 is Baylor, but I'd be perfectly happy with UT Houston or UTSA. Should I roll the dice and retake the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

512 ~ 32. Don't retake and apply to Texas medical schools. You'll get into one assuming your GPA, ECs, etc are in order. But your MCAT is perfectly fine and won't be the reason you don't get in. Baylor might be a tough shot, but you are still within reach and I don't think a retake is worth it at this point.

512 ~ 32. Don't retake and apply to Texas medical schools. You'll get into one assuming your GPA, ECs, etc are in order. But your MCAT is perfectly fine and won't be the reason you don't get in. Baylor might be a tough shot, but you are still within reach and I don't think a retake is worth it at this point.

Thank you studentdocftw. This may not be of any relevance to the situation, but I'm double majoring in Biochemistry and English... Maybe that could offset a poor CARS score?

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you studentdocftw. This may not be of any relevance to the situation, but I'm double majoring in Biochemistry and English... Maybe that could offset a poor CARS score?

Piii,

Yes--unfortunately-- that's the burning question. I suppose it's more about figuring out the strategy than it is about reading comprehension. It's not my desire to get into testing logistics anyway. Just want to see how I stand. But you're right, that's definitely a question I'll be needing to face should I decide not to retake. Thank you for your input!

Retake only if you want me to reach through your computer screen and smack you upside the head.

You're done for Baylor, but fine for a decent number of TX schools.

Chem and Physics - 128 (87%)
CARS - 125 (58%)
Bio - 129 (93%)
Psych/Soc - 130 (97%)

Overall GPA: 3.86 (Still have two semesters to bring up)

Wanting to apply to Texas medical schools. My #1 is Baylor, but I'd be perfectly happy with UT Houston or UTSA. Should I roll the dice and retake the MCAT?