This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

derronyu95

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,

I just recieved my MCAT scores. I got a 510. However, it's a bit unbalanced. My CARS section is a bit low.

This is my score report:
127 for P/S
125 for CARS
129 for Bio
129 for psych

Any thoughts? Should I retake the MCAT? To improve my CARS? Also, I have a 3.67 GPA. What are my chances? What's a 125 equivalent to on the old MCAT? Is the 125 going to look bad on my application?
Thank you for your time!!
 
I wouldn't retake it....it's slightly unbalanced but none of your scores are 124> so it doesn't matter. Stick with your MCAT- you did great 🙂
 
Does anyone know if MCAT retakes look bad if you have a kind of low undergraduate GPA (3.3) but did MUCH better the second time around? I also have a low grad GPA (3.08 in a master's program- life SUCKED and I was in a really bad mental place and almost dropped out after getting mostly B's and B-'s throughout my master's and one C+).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't retake!! I had 509 overall with a 124 in cars (was always my worst area), but I have had 3 md ii's and 1 acceptance so far. You should get in somewhere with that score unless your goal is a very top-tier school. Good luck!!