Should I retake these classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jeremmed77

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am graduating in a year with a 3.6 gpa and will be taking the mcat after finishing up the prerequisites at a community college (I know this is looked down upon but I cannot afford to stay at the university). So far I have a D in an upper level English course (Took this at the same community college), a C in an upper level psychology class, and another C in General Chemistry two.

Since I cannot fit any of these classes into my schedule for the next year, I decided to retake the English class (Which is only offered at the community college) and the Chemistry (Which I took at a four year university) before I apply. I want to retake the chemistry class at the community college instead of the university. I have a couple of questions regarding this situation.

1.) Would DO schools replace the Chemistry grade if it was originally taken at a four year university, but retaken at a community college?

2.) Would it be better to retake the D I got in English versus the C I got in Chemistry?

Thanks for the help!
 
Just retake them and ace them, this will improve your already decent GPA. And yes to your first question, doesn't matter where you take it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 to what Codblue said.

Taking upper level courses may be better than simply taking the same course again, especially if you passed the course.