should i sabotage my looks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eurotrash

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i saw a few posts about looks and interviews, but none of them were about being too good looking, i'm talking zoolander here :rolleyes: ha, any way, ppl ask me on the street if i want to be a model, women hit on me all the time, and always say how exceptionally striking my looks are, so the question is: could this affect my interviews adversely? should i try to make myself look like ****?

Members don't see this ad.

of course not. be yourself. i've worked in a medical school for a couple years now, and I've seen some beautiful beautiful med students walk through those halls. like i said before, just be yourself.

and please call/e-mail/IM me as soon as possible.

re you the same person who posted his photo on SDN? Com'n man do not waste your time here, find something better to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
good looks generally only help in interview situations.

Hamdsome males are perceived as more likeable and successful than their less pleasant-appearing brethren. Attractiveness in females is not as clear-cut. Your looks should not be a problem at all, unless it is assumed that you traded on them for success. If your application is in good order, I wouldn't worry about making yourself less attractive.

"It's just so hard to be really really really REALLY good-looking (insert le tigre look here)."

But no, Zoolander, don't worry about good looks harming you.

It can only help. Picture this: You in a lovely Kenneth Cole suit, her in her lab coat sweating from the firey rage inside her pants... you get the picture. It can only help if you play your cards rite.

I dont think being blatantly shallow is going to hurt your chances of getting into a career centered on compassion and healing at all!

Congrats!

Originally posted by Neuronix
As one of the ugly people on this planet, I would just like to say @#$! you.

I would like to add a "Go #$@! yourself, chodaboy" to this thread, as another one of the worlds ugly people.

gosh phillystyle, there u go blatantly getting yo hate on again on

shame

anyways, this guy is funny. guess he just registered today and this is the first question he asks =)

Originally posted by Cerberus

I would like to add a "Go #$@! yourself, chodaboy" to this thread, as another one of the worlds ugly people.

Ugly on the inside and the outside huh Cerberus?

;)

Originally posted by dr kevin40
gosh phillystyle, there u go blatantly getting yo hate on again on

shame

anyways, this guy is funny. guess he just registered today and this is the first question he asks =)

Maybe you two should go shopping at J.Crew for your "first day at medical school" outfits together!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by phllystyl

Maybe you two should go shopping at J.Crew for your "first day at medical school" outfits together!

whoa that's kinda weiird man...how u know jcrew be the store ido 90% of my shopping at

whoa that's kinda weiird man...how u know jcrew be the store ido 90% of my shopping at

Because in the allo forum you had the tenacity to suggest that med student need to wear only banana republic and j.crew to class to look "respectable"

Because in the allo forum you had the tenacity to suggest that med student need to wear only banana republic and j.crew to class to look "respectable"

the word is "audacity" and from now on lets replace the +pissed+ with some :love:

NOW, pardon me while i go shave my chest :D
j/k

Fuk BR and JC and Gap, Go with Urban Outfitters.

Originally posted by mnk

Fuk BR and JC and Gap, Go with Urban Outfitters.

to be honest ive nevere really been a fan of UO.

Gap sucks i agree

banana is too soft...but still respectable.

jcrew is the way to go yo!

but phillystyle, i'm surprised you'd mistake AUDACITY for TENACITY

Originally posted by eurotrash

the word is "audacity" and from now on lets replace the +pissed+ with some :love:

NOW, pardon me while i go shave my chest :D
j/k

ROFL

I buy my clothese in Walmart. Sorry, I cannot see what's the difference between something in GAP and Walmart. Or, yeah, the price and the stickers are different.

Uhhh yeah, so I'm a sexy bitch too. I've been biting my nails and pissing myself for the last couple months worrying about an interviewer finding me attractive. Oh god, I think I'm hyperventilating again. Why am I cursed with good looks? It's just not fair.

I dont think being blatantly shallow is going to hurt your chances of getting into a career centered on compassion and healing at all!

Congrats!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

so do you really shave your chest.
I know at least 3 friends of mine that do.
and that was an interesting conversation!!
ever been talking to a whole bunch of crazy people and since everyone is crazy, they thing you are crazy??!!?:mad: :laugh:
... anyway, peer pressure being what it is, I shaved my chest once. for a while it was OK - but then it grew back pretty quick. and if I'm not mistaken, a little thicker than it was before.
:( :D :laugh:

Just means you got to buy a new bad-ass razor willing to cut through the new thickness.

Originally posted by Neuronix
As one of the ugly people on this planet, I would just like to say @#$! you.

LOL :laugh: :laugh:

It is so hard to be good looking... (D. Zoolander)

Originally posted by limit
Just means you got to buy a new bad-ass razor willing to cut through the new thickness.

rofl

Gap sucks i agree

banana is too soft...but still respectable.

jcrew is the way to go yo!

but phillystyle, i'm surprised you'd mistake AUDACITY for TENACITY

yeah it must be my lack of a jcrew level edjimucation sorry!

nah, i think its just cause youre a dumb queer

Originally posted by eurotrash
nah, i think its just cause youre a dumb queer

Well well well... It seems that someone may be very handsome on the outside and a disgusting, slobbering, borish, jacka$$ on the inside. I think your looks are the least of your worries.:eek: :( :rolleyes:

the queers are a solid band... i want to be a queer too.
p

Originally posted by poloace
the queers are a solid band... i want to be a queer too.
p

solid band as in a wedding band?

Damn there seem to be a lot of people on SDN who think they are god's gift to the opposite sex.

Originally posted by silvercholla

Well well well... It seems that someone may be very handsome on the outside and a disgusting, slobbering, borish, jacka$$ on the inside. I think your looks are the least of your worries.:eek: :( :rolleyes:

Thanks ;)

eurotrash, you now bore me. Move along.

Thanks ;)

eurotrash, you now bore me. Move along.

people who get bored easily are boring people

and,

people who buy their clothes at walmart are tools, i'm sorry dude, but its true, there was a ******ed kid in my HS and he would always say how he got his clothes at the big W, you remind me of him

HA HA, you take eurotrash seriously?

Originally posted by silvercholla

How the hell does this post have 1251...1252 hits???

Originally posted by LizardKing
HA HA, you take eurotrash seriously?

hey lizardking! u were 125 lbs b4? serious?

Originally posted by longhorn
How the hell does this post have 1251...1252 hits???

b/c its funny

I don't know why but this thread brings back fond memories of this "Eurotrash" mixer we have w/ a particular fraternity - all hottie, cocky boys dressed in tight vinyl and polyester
Think 30 Zoolander's running around getting us drinks and trying to impress us in an atmosphere of flashy lighting and really bad euro techno.
:laugh:
not quite the boys I'm into, but it made for a fun night regardless.