Should I send my picture?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brody17

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I send my picture with secondaries if it is not asked? I think it helps to get an idea of who a person is. No comments about looks.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't. Like it or not, how you look will influence how people handle your application. This can be good or bad, and it works on a subconscious level. Thus, even if an adcom *thinks* it doesn't matter, it does.

I'd wait until the interview to let them see you.

No.

They would ask if they wanted it.
Follow the basic instructions or else you will get flustered when you have 20 step protocols.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well good question. AZCOM, CCOM and NUSCOM give you the option to place directly on the application... "they say ID purpose only".

I agree with JKDmed. They can't help but to be influenced by Pic. I took some digital pictures and choose 1 that makes me look kind and friendly.. (Also not the best resolution... give them some taste.. but not everything) hehehe and I sent them that one. It is P.R. image tells us a lot about a person.

If your picture looks like JKDMed's icon it can only help you! :love:

Especially if it moves like that. :laugh:

Do exactly what they ask you to, nothing less, nothing more. If you are not sure, then call the school.

g/l.

DrMaryC said:
Do exactly what they ask you to, nothing less, nothing more. If you are not sure, then call the school.

g/l.

What if it says " Optional " ? I didn't send any.

OnMyWayThere said:
What if it says " Optional " ? I didn't send any.

Then it's ok. Hence the word optional. They'll see you when they see you. :)

I know it's hard not to read into admissions committee's demands.

even though many applications say optional...i think it can only help you and not hurt you. it helps them to remember who you are when they present you...instead you are just another number and name....but of course...if they dont ask for it...dont send it....just follow their directions and you should be fine!

Hey there,

I'm a 3rd year student and I've worked with the admissions office quite a bit. The answer to your question is a resounding "NOOOOOOOOOO!" KCOM will not accept them at all for legal purposes, so as to not discriminate based on appearance. It is much better for you to be judged by your application rather than your picture. And if you send in a dorky pic, there is always the risk that someone like myself will snicker at you behind closed doors. :p