Should I start worrying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I emailed all the schools I hadn't heard from yet to check on the status of my apps.

UHSCOM, PCSOM, TUCOM, all said my application was just put under review for an interview.

I have yet to hear back from LECOM and in the past when Ive emailed they've usually been pretty good about emailing back in a timely manner.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey lbembo,

I was really worried because my file has been complete since December but I hadn't heard anything. In the past week I've heard back from two of the three schools I've applied to. Don't lose hope. Did you try calling the schools?

Best of luck.

I'm with you Imebo - I contacted all the schools I haven't heard from yet and was told my file was "under review" at all of them. My top choice is in that category and I'm starting to get a little pessimistic for it. But I've heard of kids getting interviews as late as april (and getting accepted) so I've still got a little hope....

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive received 1 interview thus far, from my 2nd choice. Was rejected from my top choice early on. I think more clerical errors on part of my school with sending out letters of recommendation (long story).

But its hard to feel secure with only 1.

I just received my CCOM secondary and sent it out yesterday. I was prescreened out in October because of cum gpa. My fall grades pushed me above the min. Hoping something might work out there as well.

Should I call them tommorow morning to see how its going? I emailed earlier this week and received responses from every school but LECOM.

Imbebo,

I think your GPA and MCAT are not up to their point yet. I find out the hard way through allopathic schools. Volunteering experience and outside activities do not mean a thing if you don't have the scores. I think if your grades are not there, your application probably would be seen by a human inspector. You will be screen out by the computer before it can get to them. I know that really sucks, but what can we do? The worst of all is that they will try to sooth you by telling you that the decision has not been made yet or you are in a certain interivew waitlist when you call them. I think that happens to both allopathic and osteopathic schools. I advice for you is to take the MCAT again and try to do very well on it. You can't really do anything on the GPA anyway. You should let it go and do something that you can actually do to improve your present status.

Wish you best of luck!
Jeremy

Imbebo,

I declined my UHS-COM interivew last month. It was scheduled for at the end of this month. I also declined my PCOM interivew a couple of weeks ago. I hope that can offer you some opportunities in getting into medical schools this year.

thanks. Im already interviewing for PCOM this monday and TUCOM in about a month from now.

just worried because in my previous correspondence(sp?) with LECOM they have been very prompt with giving me a response.

Imbebo,

Didn't I just read on the interview thread that you have a TUCOM interview scheduled? That's now 2 interviews, which is really pretty great.

I wouldn't hold out to much hope for CCOM as their class is now 85% filled. (I received my rejection last week. My app was complete in January). I think the only people getting interviews from them will have super high #'s. Just a guess, though.

You're right LECOM usually is pretty fast. My app was complete 1/17, interview invite 1/22, interview 2/10, accepted 2/14. I do know that Elaine Morse the assistant head of admissions is on vacation until May and she usually takes care of a lot of the correspondence and stuff. There must be someone else in the office who could tell you where your application stands though.

At my interview they told me the class was a little more than half full.

Hope this helps.

thanks, I think I'll try giving them a call tommorow morning