Should I submit my application without reference letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalschool_CAD

Reaction score
If I have everything ready on June 1st, with the exception of the reference letters, can I submit my AADSAS application and then upload them once my letter writers are done writing my letters? I am worried that something might happen which will delay getting my letters on time, so I'd like to submit my app as soon as possible. Has anyone does this before?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in a similar position, but with the DAT lol

Reactions: 1 users
You can submit the application but it won’t be under review until everything is complete.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can submit the application but it won’t be under review until everything is complete.
Thanks for the reply! So is there any benefit to submitting the app without the LORs? Will admissions not read my application until my letters come in?

Thanks for the reply! So is there any benefit to submitting the app without the LORs? Will admissions not read my application until my letters come in?
That is correct — admissions will not receive any incomplete applications. The main benefit is getting your application verified asap. This typically takes 1-2 weeks but in my case it was over a month.

so if your app is already verified it can be under review a few days after you submit the letters.

as opposed to waiting to submit until your letters are complete and then waiting 1-2 weeks (or more) to get your application verified before it goes under review.

Reactions: 1 user
That is correct — admissions will not receive any incomplete applications. The main benefit is getting your application verified asap. This typically takes 1-2 weeks but in my case it was over a month.

so if your app is already verified it can be under review a few days after you submit the letters.

as opposed to waiting to submit until your letters are complete and then waiting 1-2 weeks (or more) to get your application verified before it goes under review.
Thank you so much for the helpful reply, that makes a lot of sense now!