Should I take 17 or 14 credits?

Started by deleted647690
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted647690

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an extra course added to my schedule that is supposed to be pretty easy, and it would be 17 credits if I took it. I studied for the mcat this past summer, but I wasn't ready for the exam (which I was going to take on today's date), so I pushed back. I'm trying to figure out how to continue studying for the mcat while taking classes, but I am also not sure if I should take these extra credits. I think (assuming all As) it would only boost my gpa about .008. However, I have taken many 14 credit semesters, and I don't want med schools to think I can't handle a heavier load.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
depends on the course

It was supposedly an easy A online course. But too late, I already dropped it haha.....I was going back and forth about whether I should take it or not. I hope that my "lighter" course loads throughout my undergrad don't hurt me in admissions.
 
It was supposedly an easy A online course. But too late, I already dropped it haha.....I was going back and forth about whether I should take it or not. I hope that my "lighter" course loads throughout my undergrad don't hurt me in admissions.
it shouldn't "hurt" you as long as you do well
 
Course load doesn't matter. As long as you're a full time student and you get good grades you'll be fine.