Should I take a 'C' in my bio lab class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HCW212

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm debating of whether or not to just take the C for this class and move on, or should I drop it? Mind you, it's only a 1 credit class so I figured it won't hurt my GPA that much...what would you do?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't drop it. Since it's only 1 hr, it won't kill you. Drops look bad. Just my 2 cents though.

A "c" should be avoided whenever possible. That being said, you should think carefully if withdrawing will leave a big W on your transcript. W's can be as bad as C's sometimes.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's just a 1 credit bio lab, i say stick with it. I think adcoms know that labs are ****ing stupid and are just a bull**** grade, especially if your lecture grade is much higher (like an A).

Take the C. I got two C's in both of my ochem labs yet I still got into medical school. Just don't get all C's hehe.

are multiple Cs really frowned upon if they're all lab grades (all 1 credit)?

I am wondering why "multiple C's" in lab are a problem. I am assuming that you are doing alright in lecture? Try to find out why you are not doing as well in lab... Often times a lab grade is more about effort than intellect (IMHO).

I would take the C instead of the W in a 1 credit class, but try to stay away from getting a bunch of 1-credit C's.