Should I take A&P 1 or Human Physiology? (syllabus included in post)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RYost234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have room for one more class for the spring, and I have narrowed it down to these two courses.

I have heard that physiology is far more useful for dental school, and I am 100x more interested in learning physiology as opposed to anatomy. However, the thought of starting dental school before taking any anatomy doesn't sound wise.

A&P1:
Laboratory course presents basic biochemical principles, cytology, histology, immunology, integument system, osteology, arthrology, muscle anatomy and physiology, and anatomy and physiology of spinal cord and peripheral nervous system.

Human Physiology:
Emphasizes physiological principles at the molecular, cellular, tissue, organ and system level, as they pertain to the human organism. The following systems are studied in detail: skeletal, muscular, circulatory, nervous, digestive, respiratory, urinary, reproductive and endocrine.

Which course would be more beneficial?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go for AP too. I'd try to get a dental gross syllabus too if you can and just try to high light some points during your studies.