Should I take anatomy over summer?

Started by lg245
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lg245

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering whether I wanna take anatomy this summer, its gonna be a month and 7 days. I saw the course syllabus and its basically a test every week and you meet up 4 days including lab for 4 or 5 hours long. Now its very very important that I take my classes and do well, so I want the best chance to do well. They said there is no curve and the material will not be condense to fit the summer schedule. One of the pros is that I am not doing anything and I can devote all my time to this class, however a bad thing is that I haven't taken any classes for a long time about a year so this would be rough class to begin with and I need to do well. If I take it during spring quarter I will have to jungle anatomy with other classes. Either take it over summer or take it during spring quarter. What would you guys recommend? if I don't take it this summer then I will most likely sit out this summer and not do anything. Getting bored of not doing much so want to get back to school. But do not want to take a class and get a C which would be very very bad
 
Last edited:
Since you're doing nothing else during the summer, I say go for it! Just remember to study, since I know too many people who have slacked on their summer courses and ended up with Bs or Cs. 🙂
 
I took chemistry over the summer and did well in both classes. I actually did better in the second level. Make it your full time job!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I say take it this summer and be prepared to devote all of your time, energy and effort towards anatomy for these few weeks. It'll be a good preview for what PT school is like, and it'll be really nice to get it done and out of the way.
 
I took anatomy over summer, but without the lab. I loved that I was able to focus on only anatomy, so I recommend it, as long as you are able to study every day. You really have no time to fall behind, and since a lot of it is probably new, you need to study every day to really memorize everything well.
 
I did the first half of anatomy last summer. I feel like I know the material just as well as anyone who took the course during a regular semester. It is a little more work because it is so quick, but great way to get it done.