Should I take the 2009 PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rperez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello and greetings from Hawaii,
For those of you applying for Fall 2010 to Pharmacy School, I'm wondering if I should take the January 2009 PCAT. As of right now, I've completed most of the prerequisites, lacking only the Human A&P series and the second half of General Biology. (Pre-reqs mentioned are for UH-Hilo CoP). I have not registered for the Jan 2009 PCAT yet but may possibly register if it is absolutely necessary to for Fall 2010 application.

I know I shouldn't base my decision of an online forum but I am just wondering if I will be at a disadvantage if I do not take the Fall 2009 PCAT. I will be taking the second half of Organic Chemistry and Biology this coming Spring 09'. As for my proficiency in the science prerequisites; I find that I am pretty fluid in the knowledge as I have scored A's in all of them except for Calculus. Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Mahalo and Thanks in advanced.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello and greetings from Hawaii,
For those of you applying for Fall 2010 to Pharmacy School, I'm wondering if I should take the January 2009 PCAT. As of right now, I've completed most of the prerequisites, lacking only the Human A&P series and the second half of General Biology. (Pre-reqs mentioned are for UH-Hilo CoP). I have not registered for the Jan 2009 PCAT yet but may possibly register if it is absolutely necessary to for Fall 2010 application.

I know I shouldn't base my decision of an online forum but I am just wondering if I will be at a disadvantage if I do not take the Fall 2009 PCAT. I will be taking the second half of Organic Chemistry and Biology this coming Spring 09'. As for my proficiency in the science prerequisites; I find that I am pretty fluid in the knowledge as I have scored A's in all of them except for Calculus. Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Mahalo and Thanks in advanced.

Take practice tests and see how comfortable you feel doing the problems in the alloted time. If you're confident you're ready, then take it.

I'm applying for the same time period as you, but I'm going to wait till summer so I can just concentrate on the semester.