Should i take the official pcat practice test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icekoffee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i'm planning to write the august pcat coming up and was wondering if anyone who purchased the official pcat practice test found it useful? or should i just buy other practice tests from books like cliffs? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, i'm planning to write the august pcat coming up and was wondering if anyone who purchased the official pcat practice test found it useful? or should i just buy other practice tests from books like cliffs? thanks!

I bought the official practice tests, and I thought they were useful.

Pearson's should pay me a commission for all the times I recommend these tests. (Really Pearson people, I could use some extra cash. :laugh:)

I recommend them highly. It will give you an idea what to expect in terms of what will be on the exam and what your scores will be like. For example, I was going by Kaplan's practice exams and I had serious misconceptions about what the quant test would be like. I took the practice exam and had a near breakdown because there was material on it that I was not expecting and didn't remember at all. Fortunately, I had enough time before the test to correct that and was so much better prepared for the real thing. You don't want to have an experience like mine on the actual test day.

I have some questions. Are the Pearson Practice Tests all done online and does it time you? Can you complete one section and come back and do another section on another day, i.e. you don't have a block of time to complete it all at once?

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a timer that's on the page that you can use.

And yes you can do one section and do another on different days, you can pause midway through a section and come back later too.

I HEAR YOU CAN MAKE IT AT THE PACT EASILY IF YOU USE THE MCAT BOOKS TO PREPARE. iS THIS TRUE?

I WRITE IN ALL CAPS! I didn't and I did fine.. I'm sure you would do well if you used an MCAT book seeing that is a more difficult/ in depth test.

i would say to get the practice tests from Pearson but i dont think any MCAT material will help that much because the PCAT isnt as in-depth as the MCAT. The PCAT is designed such that it can quantify the test taker's ability and usage of critical skills not memorizing skills.