7
711082
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an interview date next Tuesday to possibly become a medical scribe! It's exciting but I also have this wonderful opportunity to shadow an MD in Ecuador. We talked and he said he will try and get me as much hands on care as possible and he is a general surgeon. He will take me into the OR, biopsies, and many other departments and possibly even help him during procedures (nothing serious). It'll be for a month during school break in December. So I am debating whether should I tell the scribe interviewer that I will be going away in December for one month for an amazing shadowing opportunity much less stricter than here in the U.S. where you can only just watch. Or should I just keep my mouth shut and not mention it in hopes of them hiring me. And then if that happens, what are the chances you think they will keep me if I go away for one month. I hope they understand that we are students and are trying everything we can to have a varied experience.