Should I try?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ld9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I graduated from college and took the Mcat last year and did horrible. I got a 25. I got discouraged and decided to work full-time. Now i feel like getting a masters some where and retaking the mcat. I feel like i gave up my dream. I wonder if i should even try. Do you know anyone that has bounced back after doing so poorly? My cumulative and science undergradgpa was 3.2

Members don't see this ad.

A 3.2 and 25 MCAT is too low for MD schools, but should wrangle you some interviews at DO schools. So quit fussing and start applying.

Hi everybody. I graduated from college and took the Mcat last year and did horrible. I got a 25. I got discouraged and decided to work full-time. Now i feel like getting a masters some where and retaking the mcat. I feel like i gave up my dream. I wonder if i should even try. Do you know anyone that has bounced back after doing so poorly? My cumulative and science undergradgpa was 3.2

If i do a traditional masters and get my mcat score up to around 30 would that help for a md school

Members don't see this ad :)
Traditional Master's are worth less than affiliated SMP/Post-baccs. Only do them if they're free.

Traditional Master's are worth less than affiliated SMP/Post-baccs. Only do them if they're free.

SMP's are expensive and totally worthless if you dont get in to med school.

SMP's are expensive and totally worthless if you dont get in to med school.

If a traditional Master's is being offered to you at-cost (i.e. free, but you have to do some TAing), then do it.

The SMP's have a great success rate for the people who work hard.

If a traditional Master's is being offered to you at-cost (i.e. free, but you have to do some TAing), then do it.

The SMP's have a great success rate for the people who work hard.

do you know any good SMPs in illinois

Does anyone know how long the credits are good for? A lot of the schools i check don't have that listed in their requirements. I did my undergrad from 2006-2010

Are you talking about undergrad credits from college? If so, most schools don't specifically expire the prerequisites (though some do), but I've noticed that a lot of schools prefer to see some recent (within two years) successful coursework so as to be reassured you're able to climb back up on the academic horse.

Are you talking about undergrad credits from college? If so, most schools don't specifically expire the prerequisites (though some do), but I've noticed that a lot of schools prefer to see some recent (within two years) successful coursework so as to be reassured you're able to climb back up on the academic horse.
Yeah that was my question. It was suck if they told me my credits were to old.