Should I wait to go to Harvard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snap, when were your college apps in? 5th grade?

*TSK*

Fourth grade, summer before fifth. Don't hate me because I'm more brilliant than you.

Members don't see this ad.

dont listen to anyone on this thread. listen to me. You are willing to start over? so DO IT. drive around your neighbor hood and find the most colorful preschool. enroll yourself. now, dont just be a normal kid, EXCEL in preschool. draw pictures better and faster than any of those ****** infants.

then, get into elementary school. Try to shield your face and hunch when you walk so that people dont get suspicious of your age. once again, EXCEL IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. dont just raise your hand, but KEEP IT RAISED, and if your hand gets tired, do a switcharoo, but drop your hand only AFTER the other one is raised.

during recess, dont just play kickball, BUT PLAY HARD. make sure you kick the ball farther and faster than any other ****** elementary school kid.

if you make it to 3rd grade, pick up an instrument. make sure you are the best.

when you go to middle school. EXCEL IN EVERYTHING. be better, faster, stronger, be all that you can be and all that army motto $hit. during gym class, WORK HARD. during class, WORK HARD. make sure you get A's in geography and pre-algebra (mutiplication can be very tricky). Also, if you can find time to read, make sure you read curious george, roald dahl, charlotte's web, etc etc.

if you make it to high school, make sure you make varsity football as a freshman. By now, all the other idiot kids will have caught up to you physically, so make sure you hit the gym. Also, as a freshman, get a SENIOR girlfriend. everyone will respek you after you hit that. Thats what getting into harvard is all about, RESPEK.

also, take MAD APs and do well in them. take your SAT as a sophmore. Get a 2400. Also, dont forget to become an EAGLE SCOUT. Join lots of club and become president of all the clubs and become varsity football captain as a sophmore. ull have mad RESPEK.

(by now, your balls will probably start to sag, so make sure to wear tighty whities UNDER your boxers so no1 can tell)

Hopefully you have MAD RESPEK, so you can apply to Harvard for undergrad. Make sure you apply early so you get in. After you get in, start volunteering at a Cancer clinic as like a filer or something. Take out their garbage, help the janitor, or something. This connnection will get you a lab research position in college.

At harvard university, double major in Biochemistry and Women's and Gender Studies. This is CRUCIAL because HMS will think you have mad diverse interests and stuff. Dont forget to graduate as a valedictorian and cure cancer. Make sure you get atleast a 44 on your mcats. I recommend getting a 45 just to be safe.

The road is long and hard, but you can do it. :thumbup: I believe in you.

wow...this is an incredible post! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank God someone brought back the classic "RESPEK" post.

I love this thread.

mad RESPEK dawgz.

lawlz

I'm normally a huge a-hole, but I think you guys went overboard with the bashing. Anyone realize that he has NEVER POSTED AGAIN? You dream crushers probably obliterated him.

To OP if you ever read this: you do have a shot at Harvard, but you need to do some pretty incredible things in the meantime. A 3.5 Undergraduate GPA isn't bad, and strong PostBac record and a stellar MCAT (37+) coupled with strong research (you did graduate school, I assume your research background is stellar) will help your chances.

It is not impossible, you just have to work very hard. If you do get a year of 3.9+ Postbac GPA plus 35+ MCATs, even if you do not get into Harvard Med, there will be plenty of good schools for you. Honestly all medical schools in US are good, and anything in the top 50 is just downright stellar.

P.s. I noticed that you've struggled on your MCATs. DO NOT RETAKE IT until you're ready. DO NOT retake it until you're averaging 35+ on your practice tests (if Harvard is your goal). You don't need a track record of mediocrity. You want to be exceptional, and more low MCAT scores will not help your chances. The second retake was a MISTAKE, don't make that mistake again.

I'm normally a huge a-hole, but I think you guys went overboard with the bashing. Anyone realize that he has NEVER POSTED AGAIN? You dream crushers probably obliterated him.

To OP if you ever read this: you do have a shot at Harvard, but you need to do some pretty incredible things in the meantime. A 3.5 Undergraduate GPA isn't bad, and strong PostBac record and a stellar MCAT (37+) coupled with strong research (you did graduate school, I assume your research background is stellar) will help your chances.

It is not impossible, you just have to work very hard. If you do get a year of 3.9+ Postbac GPA plus 35+ MCATs, even if you do not get into Harvard Med, there will be plenty of good schools for you. Honestly all medical schools in US are good, and anything in the top 50 is just downright stellar.

P.s. I noticed that you've struggled on your MCATs. DO NOT RETAKE IT until you're ready. DO NOT retake it until you're averaging 35+ on your practice tests (if Harvard is your goal). You don't need a track record of mediocrity. You want to be exceptional, and more low MCAT scores will not help your chances. The second retake was a MISTAKE, don't make that mistake again.

I'm still going with "nigh impossible to get into Harvard".

While I agree with most people on here that your aspirations are a bit lofty...just work hard. Who knows what will happen. But you'll never know unless you can say you tried absolutely everything.

Good luck!

OR he's a troll. There was a post similar to this a while ago.

LOL @ bigman.

but stupid question... what is "matching"?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 3.5 undergrad, 3.3 grad, 21 and 19 on the Mcat 2 years ago. I want to go to Harvard medical school. Do you think it is worth it to do a post bacc and try to get a 3.9 GPA then take the mcat early next year and then apply to the 2009 cycle @ Harvard. I really want to go to Harvard MED. The past 7 years I just spent to much time working and supporting my family, I didn't realize how much I was hurting my education and my shot at getting into Harvard.

Can any one tell me the things I must do to get into Harvard Med? I'm willing to start over.

After residency, I want to match into Orthopedic surgery and I'm not sure how other schools will prepare me to match into that particular field. I know Harvard has the reputation for being the best.

I'm at harvard (not for school, but at the med school) and i think you're nuts. First of all, you match into ortho FOR residency, so it's not after residency. AND the ortho programs that I'm the most familiar (3 UC programs - worked at one) with just look at board scores - NOT the school you went to. Harvard wont give you good board scores. YOU will give you good board scores, wherever you decide to go. So lay off of Harvard, it's just a school that is plated in marble.

There is one way for you to get into harvard.

Change your name, reapply to college, and dont suck this time around. Dont score miserably on the MCAT, and reapply to med school.

dont listen to anyone on this thread. listen to me. You are willing to start over? so DO IT. drive around your neighbor hood and find the most colorful preschool. enroll yourself. now, dont just be a normal kid, EXCEL in preschool. draw pictures better and faster than any of those ****** infants.

then, get into elementary school. Try to shield your face and hunch when you walk so that people dont get suspicious of your age. once again, EXCEL IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. dont just raise your hand, but KEEP IT RAISED, and if your hand gets tired, do a switcharoo, but drop your hand only AFTER the other one is raised.

during recess, dont just play kickball, BUT PLAY HARD. make sure you kick the ball farther and faster than any other ****** elementary school kid.

when you go to middle school. EXCEL IN EVERYTHING. be better, faster, stronger, be all that you can be and all that army motto $hit. during gym class, WORK HARD. during class, WORK HARD. make sure you get A's in geography and pre-algebra (mutiplication can be very tricky). Also, if you can find time to read, make sure you read curious george, roald dahl, charlotte's web, etc etc.

if you make it to high school, make sure you make varsity football as a freshman. By now, all the other idiot kids will have caught up to you physically, so make sure you hit the gym. Also, as a freshman, get a SENIOR girlfriend. everyone will respek you after you hit that. Thats what getting into harvard is all about, RESPEK.

also, take MAD APs and do well in them. take your SAT as a sophmore. Get a 2400. Also, dont forget to become an EAGLE SCOUT. Join lots of club and become president of all the clubs and become varsity football captain as a sophmore. ull have mad RESPEK.

(by now, your balls will probably start to sag, so make sure to wear tighty whities UNDER your boxers so no1 can tell)

Hopefully you have MAD RESPEK, so you can apply to Harvard for undergrad. Make sure you apply early so you get in. After you get in, start volunteering at a Cancer clinic as like a filer or something. Take out their garbage, help the janitor, or something. This connnection will get you a lab research position in college.

At harvard university, double major in Biochemistry and Women's and Gender Studies. This is CRUCIAL because HMS will think you have mad diverse interests and stuff. Dont forget to graduate as a valedictorian and cure cancer. Make sure you get atleast a 44 on your mcats. I recommend getting a 45 just to be safe.

The road is long and hard, but you can do it. I believe in you.

Not only is this not funny, it is pompous, insensitive and an embarassment both to you and to the medical community. I registered with SDN because I could not believe my eyes and simply had to say something. Where in the WORLD do you (bigman) get off talking down to someone like that? I am horrified that you will one day be a doctor. In fact, I am at this moment seriously debating whether I want to be a part of the medical community at all if its going to consist of condescending arrogant windbags with nothing better to do than put other people down who make innocent but misinformed speculations about where they might make it into medical school. And shame on many of you others too. Half of you others were equally rude, though you perhaps did not waste as much of your time crushing a fellow pre-med's dreams as "bigman."

The student posted this question because he or she wanted an answer. All that was necessary was to tell him or her that Harvard is not a realistic goal given his CURRENT standing. I agree that limiting one's choices to the most prestigious school in the country could be a setup for disappointment. Also, Harvard, as many of our peers said, is not the only good school out there.

To respond to another student's post: I do in fact look at the wall in my dr's offices, because I want to know that he worked his butt off as an undergrad before I trust him with my health. Nonetheless, choosing one's dr's based on the prestige of their med-school can land you in some pretty nasty places. I recently was treated by a dermatologist who went to Northwestern and was later chief resident at U of Chicago. He was unsanitary, unprofessional, ineffective, sloppy and dangerous.

I am applying to Harvard (among other places). I have a 4.0 from a good school and a high MCAT score, but if going to a "prestigious" med-school is going to land me in the company of people who are letting medicine go to their heads before they're even called MD, then I think I'd rather go to D.O. school, or even to the Caribbean where perhaps I'll be surrounded by folks who are more down to earth and actually interested in helping people.

I propose, Bigman, that you have already violated the Hippocratic Oath, by doing harm to this person's psyche. I mean, the sheer battery of insult this poor guy or girl must have undergone could have done damage, especially when he or she was seeking for friendly advice from people who were theoretically peers and allies!

Please, do not respond by telling me that there's a time and place for tough love and a being realistic. What you and many of our peers have done is pure and simply abuse and bullying of the lowest form. When schoolyard bullying masquerades as witty advice from "society's future elites" it becomes dangerous and repulsive. Please apologize. I am serious. If you do not apologize, then you are not and will never be qualified to be a doctor. I would like to see it up here soon, along with apologies from any of you others who were unkind. I mean, come on "BIGMAN," "******ed infants?" I believe that you and many others out there are simply misguided, lonely, hurt and insecure and seeking a sense of importance. You don't need to put other people down to find that. It will come in service to those who need your help. That's what we're here for after all: to help each other.

Finally: Harvard person: I would advise you to broaden your scopes, but it can never hurt to apply to Harvard, so long as you are prepared psychologically and emotionally for a rejection. Who knows though, perhaps it could happen. Let me suggest however, that you apply to D.O. school, or to a school in the Caribbean, and get on with life! You really can be as good a physician as you want to be, regardless of where you go to school. There are no American med-schools that I've heard of at which you will be unable to learn what it takes to be a good doctor. Hey, my parents went to Harvard, and it's no big deal. It's just folks like us, but with less of a social life (that's not to say that Harvard is not a world-class school).

Has anybody out there read anything by Paul Farmer? Go read that man's biography, "Mountains Beyond Mountains" by Tracy Kidder, and you will see what it takes to be a truly good man and an outstanding physician. I'm sure Dr. Farmer would agree that many of the comments on this site are entirely unbecoming of a physician (Oh, he's an M.D. PhD at Harvard, and the founder of Partners in Health). Heck, they're unbecoming of a human being.

Instead of putting people down, let's focus our efforts on building them up! That's what we'll be doing for a living soon, so it can't hurt to start now. Bigman, I challenge you to go out today and make it a goal to make just one person's life better for having interacted with you today. You'll like it a whole lot more than being mean. Then do it again the next day, and every day after that. I swear you will be happier because of it.

Thank you PFarmer! Thank you LittleAlex and anyone else who listened and cared about the OP!

There have been quite a few joke posts recently, and they are fun. We can make fun of ourselves and our own advice on them. Those posts are OBVIOUS jokes by regular posters, though. I'm sure some posters misguidedly thought this was also for fun, just because of the Harvard name. They would have realized that the OP was serious if they had bothered to check his previous posts. It would be appropriate for anyone who posted in jest to go back and delete their hurtful words - and apologize for their error.

The original post was made over a month ago. 07MCAT hasn't post since. Someone revived the post today. When I read parts of this thread, it reminded me of the first night that I found this site and the impressions it left. I was just starting to consider the possibility of working toward an MD degree. Unfortunately, one the greatest impressions was that the world of med student wannabees is overloaded with spoiled, pompous, immature people who chose their activities by what would look good on an application. I couldn't bear the thought of spending my next 15 years surrounded by people like that. There were also other good, level-headed, honest posters who weren't treating the boards like a place to destroy competition. Those are the people who kept me coming back.

I don't think any of us know the rest of the OP's background - what obstacles he's overcome, what accomplishments and contributions he has to his credit, his reasons for being focused on Harvard. We only know that he has an MCAT score that can be improved, a not too shabby undergrad GPA, and that he hopes to increase his overall GPA through more grad work. If that name, Harvard, hadn't set off an emotional reaction in posters, they probably wouldn't have shown such rudeness.

07MCAT, if you ever read this, I hope you reach you goals. They aren't totally impossible, though ANY med school can prepare you for an ortho residency. You definitely have the determination! Who knows; even if you don't go straight to Harvard, you may wind up doing an externship or fellowship or teaching there. Learn how to do well on the MCAT. Maybe someday I'll be a student and you'll be my resident.

Guys...this is an anonymous (mostly) internet forum where people have been known to troll and/or post incendiary comments to evoke reactions.

If, indeed, the OP is not a troll, there was more than enough information on these boards for him to know that no, in his current status, there is no chance of getting into Harvard. If he needed a handful of SDNers to point this out to him (rudely or not), so be it.

Pfarmer, if you're this riled by the internet, please; log off and regain perspective. Your post, while caring, is idealistic. People will be cruel and rude no matter their profession. There is nothing to be done.

pfarmer1-

First, this is a troll.

Second, no matter what the OP does, there is really no way for him to go to harvard, certainly not within the next 15 years.

Thirdly, lighten up. As basically every physician on this forum says, if you lack a sense of humor, you will burn out.

Not only is this not funny, it is pompous, insensitive and an embarassment both to you and to the medical community. I registered with SDN because I could not believe my eyes and simply had to say something. Where in the WORLD do you (bigman) get off talking down to someone like that? I am horrified that you will one day be a doctor. In fact, I am at this moment seriously debating whether I want to be a part of the medical community at all if its going to consist of condescending arrogant windbags with nothing better to do than put other people down who make innocent but misinformed speculations about where they might make it into medical school. And shame on many of you others too. Half of you others were equally rude, though you perhaps did not waste as much of your time crushing a fellow pre-med's dreams as "bigman."

The student posted this question because he or she wanted an answer. All that was necessary was to tell him or her that Harvard is not a realistic goal given his CURRENT standing. I agree that limiting one's choices to the most prestigious school in the country could be a setup for disappointment. Also, Harvard, as many of our peers said, is not the only good school out there.

To respond to another student's post: I do in fact look at the wall in my dr's offices, because I want to know that he worked his butt off as an undergrad before I trust him with my health. Nonetheless, choosing one's dr's based on the prestige of their med-school can land you in some pretty nasty places. I recently was treated by a dermatologist who went to Northwestern and was later chief resident at U of Chicago. He was unsanitary, unprofessional, ineffective, sloppy and dangerous.

I am applying to Harvard (among other places). I have a 4.0 from a good school and a high MCAT score, but if going to a "prestigious" med-school is going to land me in the company of people who are letting medicine go to their heads before they're even called MD, then I think I'd rather go to D.O. school, or even to the Caribbean where perhaps I'll be surrounded by folks who are more down to earth and actually interested in helping people.

I propose, Bigman, that you have already violated the Hippocratic Oath, by doing harm to this person's psyche. I mean, the sheer battery of insult this poor guy or girl must have undergone could have done damage, especially when he or she was seeking for friendly advice from people who were theoretically peers and allies!

Please, do not respond by telling me that there's a time and place for tough love and a being realistic. What you and many of our peers have done is pure and simply abuse and bullying of the lowest form. When schoolyard bullying masquerades as witty advice from "society's future elites" it becomes dangerous and repulsive. Please apologize. I am serious. If you do not apologize, then you are not and will never be qualified to be a doctor. I would like to see it up here soon, along with apologies from any of you others who were unkind. I mean, come on "BIGMAN," "******ed infants?" I believe that you and many others out there are simply misguided, lonely, hurt and insecure and seeking a sense of importance. You don't need to put other people down to find that. It will come in service to those who need your help. That's what we're here for after all: to help each other.

Finally: Harvard person: I would advise you to broaden your scopes, but it can never hurt to apply to Harvard, so long as you are prepared psychologically and emotionally for a rejection. Who knows though, perhaps it could happen. Let me suggest however, that you apply to D.O. school, or to a school in the Caribbean, and get on with life! You really can be as good a physician as you want to be, regardless of where you go to school. There are no American med-schools that I've heard of at which you will be unable to learn what it takes to be a good doctor. Hey, my parents went to Harvard, and it's no big deal. It's just folks like us, but with less of a social life (that's not to say that Harvard is not a world-class school).

Has anybody out there read anything by Paul Farmer? Go read that man's biography, "Mountains Beyond Mountains" by Tracy Kidder, and you will see what it takes to be a truly good man and an outstanding physician. I'm sure Dr. Farmer would agree that many of the comments on this site are entirely unbecoming of a physician (Oh, he's an M.D. PhD at Harvard, and the founder of Partners in Health). Heck, they're unbecoming of a human being.

Instead of putting people down, let's focus our efforts on building them up! That's what we'll be doing for a living soon, so it can't hurt to start now. Bigman, I challenge you to go out today and make it a goal to make just one person's life better for having interacted with you today. You'll like it a whole lot more than being mean. Then do it again the next day, and every day after that. I swear you will be happier because of it.

miss. pfarmer,

I challenge you to go out today and make it a goal to find your sense of humor and laugh just once today. You'll like it a whole lot more than being so ridiculous and giving everyone the "holier than thou" speech. I mean, rather than automatically putting the OP down, bigman actually took the EFFORT to write a HILARIOUS post to show how ridiculous the OP's "HAVE TO GO TO HARVARD" ideal really was. Then do it again the next day, and every day after that. I swear you will be happier because of it.

sincerely.

man ..... this is a hilarious thread.....honestly since the OP is gaga about Harvard shouldnt he/she know the average stats of first year student with stats like those he or she would barely make it into St. Georges University in Grenada (avg 26 mcat)..... pfarmer1 did you really think this person was serious.........it like saying should i go become a professional boxer when i can barely do more then 5 pull-ups or run a mile. the original poster obviously lacks enough logic and reasoning if their serious.

I didn't get into Harvard so maybe I shouldn't say anything... With that in mind, I think that 07MCAT should evaluate what he wants in life... does he want to be a doctor or does he want an MD from Harvard... If he wants to be a doctor, he can work hard and get into a medical school and get on with his life doing what he wants...

If he wants an MD from Harvard, he can get it, it won't be anytime soon. You might have to devote 3+ years doing research, bringing up your MCAT, and basically showing the committe that you are a completely different person than you are right now... not to mention plenty of rubbing shoulders with guys on the admission council, and plenty of stellar letters of recommendations... But that is an uphill battle that doesn't guarantee anything.

And if/when you fail, you re-apply... until you are not allowed to reapply ... after so many times, people will question you motives, and then you might even be forfeiting you ability to get into any medical school with that unwaivering devotion to get into HARVARD medical school....

I don't mean to be bleak, but life is hard...and sometimes we can't all have our cake and eat it too. But I'll tell you something, when I go to the doctor because I need some advice... I'm not checking the walls to see if he/she got an MD at Harvard... are you?
Thats the best advice that I've read out of all of these responses.

My heart truly goes out to this guy who originally posted this question+pity+,but this response had me rolling on my floor in tears.:laugh:

Nah, just win the lottery and donate millions to Harvard.

Why anyone would bump a 6 mo old thread started by a troll is completely beyond me...

best way into harvard is to eat the poop hot dog

it's amazing how BS posts on an anonymous message board gets so many serious responses.

if we're the future doctors of america, those few random, slick talking, drug seeking patients are going to have a ball with our gullibility... :laugh:

Does the op want to be a doctor or does he just want to have "Harvard" on his degree?

hah, this thread was before my time at sdn but what a classic! we got the troll to start us off, some good serious advice, a hilarious post making light of pre-med anxiety, and an idealistic post criticizing the humor. lol.. such a wealth of modern communication.. :thumbup:

I can't believe that I actually read >80% of the post. It's just plainly funny.

Please, do not respond by telling me that there's a time and place for tough love and a being realistic. What you and many of our peers have done is pure and simply abuse and bullying of the lowest form. When schoolyard bullying masquerades as witty advice from "society's future elites" it becomes dangerous and repulsive. Please apologize. I am serious. If you do not apologize, then you are not and will never be qualified to be a doctor.
whoa. This Internet thing is serious business.

whoa. This Internet thing is serious business.

f9cc829ae0b529241778cbc6134fbbcc.jpg

haha wow, i was going through sdn and i found this. amazing post. what a boring summer this :/

hahahahahaha

free bigman43!

by far the best post on SDN, ever.

ahh, I approve of this thread bump.

I like pfarmer's obnoxious response almost as much as I like bigman's post. :laugh:

that pfarmer guy's got a pretty high horse.

Can any one tell me the things I must do to get into Harvard Med? I'm willing to start over.

After residency, I want to match into Orthopedic surgery and I'm not sure how other schools will prepare me to match into that particular field. I know Harvard has the reputation for being the best.

COLLEGE ADVISOR: And what are your backup [law] schools?

ELLE WOODS: I don't need backups. I'm going to Harvard.

ADVISOR: Well then, you'll need excellent recommendations from your professors.

ELLE: Okay.

ADVISOR: And a heck of an admissions essay.

ELLE: Right.

ADVISOR: And at least a 175 on your LSATs.

ELLE: I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything.

COLLEGE ADVISOR: And what are your backup [law] schools?

ELLE WOODS: I don't need backups. I'm going to Harvard.

ADVISOR: Well then, you'll need excellent recommendations from your professors.

ELLE: Okay.

ADVISOR: And a heck of an admissions essay.

ELLE: Right.

ADVISOR: And at least a 175 on your LSATs.

ELLE: I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything.

haha where is this from

I knew someone from my alma mater who said that if she did not get accepted to Harvard she would not go to medical school (yeah...people at Rice are like that)...Well she got into Harvard...and is probably one of those 3rd year's that the writer on Slate discusses (you should check it out if you have not read it)

link? cant find it. thanks!

wondering why this thread was dug up....and then i saw the bigman post bump.... definitely brightened my day :laugh:

'...multiplication can be tricky...' hilarious

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Too serious or not, that person had good intentions, a worthy response to posts like that of bigman, whose post is funny as a stand-alone, but is misplaced in this thread.

Comedic relief at the expense of another in need (however misinformed) is hardly a good move. Laughing at somebody who's trying to help the OP exhibits nothing but superciliousness and cynicism. If you have nothing useful to add to the thread, move on. There are a good number of cases where members have been laughed at for trying to achieve certain things and then they were able to succeed. The cynics, trying to avenge themselves, go onto the MDApps site and start posting all their vitriol as to how the person didn't deserve to get in, etc, etc. Grow up guys.

And oh yeah, the op isn't really a troll. A few other posters right here have a higher probability of being one.

Seriously, why the crimson fever? If research quality (as measured by the ability of faculty to obtain NIH grants) is any measure of prestige, Harvard's not even in the top 25.

http://grants.nih.gov/grants/award/rank/medttl05.htm

This actually isn't true, I'm intimately familiar with the NIH rankings from my research job, and you need to put together all of Harvard's teaching hospitals (MGH, BWH, BIDMC, etc.), and then Harvard has BY FAR the highest amount of research funding (UWashington is #2, interestingly)

Too serious or not, that person had good intentions, a worthy response to posts like that of bigman, whose post is funny as a stand-alone, but is misplaced in this thread.

Comedic relief at the expense of another in need (however misinformed) is hardly a good move. Laughing at somebody who's trying to help the OP exhibits nothing but superciliousness and cynicism. If you have nothing useful to add to the thread, move on. There are a good number of cases where members have been laughed at for trying to achieve certain things and then they were able to succeed. The cynics, trying to avenge themselves, go onto the MDApps site and start posting all their vitriol as to how the person didn't deserve to get in, etc, etc. Grow up guys.

And oh yeah, the op isn't really a troll. A few other posters right here have a higher probability of being one.

Did you contribute anything useful to this thread? Nope, move on.

It's an old thread with some funny posts, don't get all uptight.

Status
Not open for further replies.