Should I write an Academic Inconsistencies Essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Throwaway20202021

Reaction score
Hello all. My cGPA is 3.71, sGPA is 3.61, and AO is 4.0. I made 1 C in a chemistry class in my freshman year and 2 Cs in two chemistry courses (OChem I and II)in my Sophomore year. I also withdrew from one class in my Freshman year, one class Sophomore and one as a senior. I have an upwards trend. Should I still write an Academic Inconsistencies essay explaining these? All of my other classes are A's with the exception of 5 Bs over my undergraduate studies.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask why? Won't it look like I am trying to ignore these Cs and withdrawals if I don't say anything?
Because a few C's are ok. Your GPA is fine. You don't want to point more attention to a few bad grades. Also, it's not a great look.

You probably are overestimating how much they will care about those grades.

Reactions: 1 user
Because a few C's are ok. Your GPA is fine. You don't want to point more attention to a few bad grades. Also, it's not a great look.

You probably are overestimating how much they will care about those grades.
Thank you, what about the withdrawals? Won't the combination of 3Cs and 3 withdrawals looks bad to not write about? The 3 withdrawals unfortunately show up on my transcripts.

Hello! I apologize in advance if my question is neurotic and trivial. I was wondering if I should also not write an academic inconsistencies essay in my situation. My cGPA is 3.86, and my sGPA is 3.79. Junior year I earned some B’s, resulting in the lower GPA.

Freshman - 3.94
Sophomore - 3.93 and a W
Junior - 3.66 and a W
Senior - 3.97 and a W

Question - Explain any inconsistencies or academic missteps in your university academic performance.

Before reading the thread, I thought I would have to explain each of the withdrawals because I have seen other secondary questions asking about academic problems and specifically mentioning withdrawals. I also thought that my junior year may look like an academic misstep on its own since all of my B's were concentrated in junior year.

Thanks for your time!

Hello! I apologize in advance if my question is neurotic and trivial. I was wondering if I should also not write an academic inconsistencies essay in my situation. My cGPA is 3.86, and my sGPA is 3.79. Junior year I earned some B’s, resulting in the lower GPA.

Freshman - 3.94
Sophomore - 3.93 and a W
Junior - 3.66 and a W
Senior - 3.97 and a W

Question - Explain any inconsistencies or academic missteps in your university academic performance.

Before reading the thread, I thought I would have to explain each of the withdrawals because I have seen other secondary questions asking about academic problems and specifically mentioning withdrawals. I also thought that my junior year may look like an academic misstep on its own since all of my B's were concentrated in junior year.

Thanks for your time!
No. It's fine.

• Love