Should you make a fellowship decision based upon trends in the market?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Director1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think that a fellowship should be based upon your personality type and what you want to be doing for the rest of your life. But I think that market trends should also play a role in your decision to choose a fellowship. There's an article with some of this information called How to Choose a Radiology Fellowship. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

the stuff coming out of europe makes me more apprehensive of mammo. Wasn't really interested in mammo but it made me less interested.

I think it's a lot more simple than this.

Either do what you really like, or do what you want to get better at.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can predict market trends, then you are in the wrong field. Let me rephrase. You could make a whole heck of a lot more money in another field with that ability.

Reactions: 1 user
Market trends should not be used as a primary deciding factor to do a fellowship. It is only after all other considerations that you may want to add this factor if you are on the fence.

Market trends should not be used as a primary deciding factor to do a fellowship. It is only after all other considerations that you may want to add this factor if you are on the fence.

Except nucs.

Reactions: 1 user