Should you report this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need to be friends with cheaters. They might try to cheat off of me :)

I don't know the nature of the crime, so I can't comment. But if you saw someone murdering your neighbor, I'm sure you would call the cops, no?

There are many circumstances to which telling the authorities may not be the right thing to do, but I do not think that cheating is one of them. Cheating is grounds for failing or expulsion at academic institutions for a reason. For lack of a better word, they are cheating. I know that it may be difficult to turn someone in, and many are not inclined to do so, but to suggest that it is the person who does turn in a cheater is a horrible person is pretty disgusting to me.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for cheaters.

Calling in a murder is not snitching. Snitching is about making your self feel better or trying to get out of a tough jam like what michael vick's home boys did when they took plea bargains and sold out their friend. Thats snitching. Some things can be handled differently than telling mommy.

Members don't see this ad.

That's a bunch of snitcher's excuses, professional school, healthcare students, doctors ets. You may start with turning in your felow students, then you''ll call police about a homeless guy drinking bear in the park , you'll call IRS to check whether your cousen reported that $2000 ring she got from a grandma, you'll call about your neighbours having chickens in their backyard, ets, ets, ets. There are weak people who are forced to be snitches, but its almost never the case since there is always 'a volontier".

I tell you what, a few months ago i had to do a lot of dental work . So my first dentist found 11 cavities and said that i have to put 2 crowns on top of them. But, i worked in sales for a very long time and can see a horse**** from a very long distance, so i knew pretty much what this guy is going to say even before he looked in my mouth. To top off my expectatitons, he said that he is very honest guy and never does more than he 'has' to. So obviously i got 2 more exams with other dentists in my town. They had the same verdict : 7 cavities, no need for crowns whatsoever. So, if someones is trying to rob my $3000, i can put him to prison for a very long time, if someone is ruining my teeth in a fight i can put him in prison for a very long time, but if one has a dental licence he/she gets a pass. As the other dentist said: 'well, i guess he was just "more thorough" than I am. " None of the two suggested that I should do something with that 'dentist", talk about fierce competition in a small town. So how is a piece of **** like that becomes a dentist, by cheating on exams? No, he was just born this way and just happened to like money, which led him to dentistry.

"Doing the right thing", "I am supposed to" , "Its illegal not to " Whatever makes you happy man. Just don't expect any kind of trust/friendship from anyone around you as long as you live.

PS I have a friend who recently found out destiny of his lost uncle. So he was arrested in Siberia in 1939 and 3 months later he was executed in Kamchatka ( that's Siberia for Siberians ). In the paragraph " Accusation handled" he found "no accusation ".
I am sure someone did the right thing, as he was supposed to, in his case too. Remember , the road to hell is paved with most noble intentions.

Jesus, lay off whatever is making you so hyper and quit being so melodramatic ! You glorifying cheating in some creative ways and making out 'ratting' to be the worst crime known to human is not going to change my personal opinion. The whole tough Russian man sharade does nothing for me either - there are a number of things wrong with our country and cheating on a number of levels is one of them.

I think further arguing with you is pointless. You clearly can't see the issue from my point of view. All my years through college I worked like a slave two jobs to support my ill mother and my poor family in Russia. I havent gone on a vacation in years. My life consists of studying and working, most of the time I am lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep. Past few weeks I've been sleeping 4 hours a day with cat naps here and there. Call me whatever the heck you want but I can't have peace with myself knowing that while I am killing myself here, someone's just going to take the easy road and cheat.

Say what you want, from the looks of how religiously you defend cheating you are probably a cheater yourself. Just pray you are not my classmate in pharmacy school.

P.S - I have plenty of friends, they have morals standards just like I do. Last year my friend failed a class after failing a final on which she could have easily cheated on - analytical chem. Call her an idiot but she just couldn't do it.

bunny-you_suck_big_time.jpg

Considering that my English is rather poor and I can't express myself as eloquently as I would in Russian, I've decided to use visual aids to illustrate how I feel about cheaters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Calling in a murder is not snitching. Snitching is about making your self feel better or trying to get out of a tough jam like what michael vick's home boys did when they took plea bargains and sold out their friend. Thats snitching. Some things can be handled differently than telling mommy.

Cheating is neither here nor there in the examples you provided. But I certainly believe that it's leaning towards reporting a crime.

Say what you want, from the looks of how religiously you defend cheating you are probably a cheater yourself. Just pray you are not my classmate in pharmacy school.

I'd say this is probably true. Cheaters will always defend their actions by saying that everyone does it or that those who call them out on it are the bad people. Anything to get away from giant target painted on their backs. Some people just have no scruples and will do anything to bring people down to their level.

I'd say this is probably true. Cheaters will always defend their actions by saying that everyone does it or that those who call them out on it are the bad people. Anything to get away from giant target painted on their backs. Some people just have no scruples and will do anything to bring people down to their level.

I not a cheater i just dont like rats. I've had bad experiences with snitches in my workplace.

I not a cheater i just dont like rats. I've had bad experiences with snitches in my workplace.

I have too, I was on a month and a half probabation and disqualified from a manager's position after someone reported to HR that I went out with a fellow employee which was against company's policy. I was pretty pissed at a time because I worked there for a while and didn't feel that one somewhat hot date = me being demoted after working there for years. Doesn't mean I am going to let people get away with cheating in school, those are completely different things.

I have too, I was on a month and a half probabation and disqualified from a manager's position after someone reported to HR that I went out with a fellow employee which was against company's policy. I was pretty pissed at a time because I worked there for a while and didn't feel that one somewhat hot date = me being demoted after working there for years. Doesn't mean I am going to let people get away with cheating in school, those are completely different things.

Yeah but i bet the people that ratted you out in the work place are the same ones that have to make a fuzz about someone cheating.

Yeah but i bet the people that ratted you out in the work place are the same ones that have to make a fuzz about someone cheating.

You don't see my point at all, it is absolutely pointless to argue.

You don't see my point at all, it is absolutely pointless to argue.

Ahh, that's how this whole thread has gone. Those who will cheat and condone cheating will continue to argue that turning them in is wrong. They can't see any other side of it because they don't want to.

All I can say is that I'm glad there are people around who don't care if they are called childish names for doing what is right.

The Op asked if you should report a student who might have cheated on the exam.

The snitchers said...

Yes, because he/she might become my pharmacist and poison my child by giving the wrong dose. <---LOL! I believe (I'm 60%sure) pharm students gets an enormous amount of lectures/training/exams inside the classroom and outside (rotations/internships). Then they must pass the NAPLEX to become a licensed drug expert. You must be Houdini if you can cheat your way around that whole process. Yes, pharmacists make mistakes sometimes, but not because they cheated on their Bio exam 5 years ago.

Yes, I will snitch because cheating might affect the "curve". <---LOL Sounds like you didn't study. If you did, then you have nothing to worry about. I failed the exam, I hope everyone fails too, and not just me.. type of attitude.

Yes, I will snitch because it's the right thing to do. They've committed a CRIME! What if you see your pharmacist stealing C2 drugs, would you snitch? <------Irrelevant. Cheating on exam has nothing to do with stealing. And it doesn't lead to stealing. Robin Hood steals, but he does not kill.

Don't mind me. My analysis = pretty bad...

The Op asked if you should report a student who might have cheated on the exam.

The snitchers said...

Yes, because he/she might become my pharmacist and poison my child by giving the wrong dose. <---LOL! I believe (I'm 60%sure) pharm students gets an enormous amount of lectures/training inside the classroom and outside (rotations/internships). Then they must pass the NAPLEX to become a licensed drug expert. You must be Houdini if you can cheat your way around that whole process. Yes, pharmacists make mistakes sometimes, but not because they cheated on their Bio exam 5 years ago.

Yes, I will snitch because cheating might affect the "curve". <---LOL Sounds like you didn't study. If you did, then you have nothing to worry about. I failed the exam, I hope everyone fails too, and not just me.. type of attitude.

Yes, I will snitch because it's the right thing to do. They've committed a CRIME! What if you see your pharmacist stealing C2 drugs, would you snitch? <------Irrelevant. Cheating on exam has nothing to do with stealing. And it doesn't lead to stealing.

Don't mind me. My analysis = pretty bad...

It's kind of hard not to mind you when you are trying your hardest to be offensive and to paint anyone who does the right thing as some kind of evil trolls.The overly excessive use of the word snitchers gives it away. Like I said if you were somebody like me who works hard for their grades, watching somebody who doesn't, scamm their way through an exam while you slave away studying for it is sickening and disgusting.

And for the sake of god, I don't understand this: so according to your argument - snitching is worse than cheating ? So if you cheating on the exam it's ok but if you report the cheating you are an evil snitcher ? Are you people freaken kidding me ? Are you three (you know who you are) on drugs ? Whatever you are smoking must be good because your logic to me is as foreign as seeing an alien in person.

Like I said, do whatever you wish but pray you are not my classmate. You can call me a rat or any other mammal if it makes you feel better about your pathetic self.

It's kind of hard not to mind you when you are trying your hardest to be offensive and to paint anyone who does the right thing as some kind of evil trolls.1. The overly excessive use of the word snitchers gives it away. Like I said if you were somebody like me who works hard for their grades, watching somebody who doesn't, 2. scamm their way through an exam while you slave away studying for it is sickening and disgusting.

And for the sake of god, I don't understand this: so according to your argument - snitching is worse than cheating ? 3. So if you cheating on the exam it's ok but if you report the cheating you are an evil snitcher ? Are you people freaken kidding me ? Are you three (you know who you are) on drugs ? Whatever you are smoking must be good because your logic to me is as foreign as seeing an alien in person.

Like I said, do whatever you wish but pray you are not my classmate. You can call me a rat or any other mammal if it makes you feel better about your pathetic self.

1. I'm sorry, I couldn't think of any word to describe a person who snitches. A hero maybe?

2. Students pay tuition fees and other expenses. It's up to them whether they want to gain knowledge or not. You do your work and you ace your exam. Do not envy.

3. I did not call anyone evil. LOL!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I'm sorry, I couldn't think of any word to describe a person who snitches. A hero maybe?

2. Students pay tuition fees and other expenses. It's up to them whether they want to gain knowledge or not. You do your work and you ace your exam. Do not envy.

You have failed to consider that we as pre-pharmacy students are competing. We essentially are going after the few spots that are available in the professional programs. By cheating, you are using an unfair advantage. For lack of a better word, you are hacking. I can't care less if you waste your money or not, but when you cheat, you are disrespecting me, the professor, the school and our common goal.

I am someone who believes in redemption, but until a person learns his or her lesson that what they are doing is wrong, and that there is a possibility of getting caught, they are likely to continue.

A hero, perhaps ? When you look at the types of people we consider heroes in the society - they are usually the guys who do the right thing.

This is what is killing me, the reason this bothers me so much is because I do not understand how somebody can continue to argue that something clearly so wrong on so many levels is right.

You have failed to consider that we as pre-pharmacy students are competing.

We're talking about the the OP's classmate in undergrad. How do you know that person is a pre-pharm student? LOL jp

Anyway, it's even better that I'm competing against a cheater. You must be Houdini if you've accomplished a 3.6+ GPA by cheating. The reason that person cheated because he/she did not know the material. Or why else would you cheat? I'm guessing he/she will fail the PCAT exam anyway.

This is what is killing me, the reason this bothers me so much is because I do not understand how somebody can continue to argue that something clearly so wrong on so many levels is right.

I didn't argue that snitching is right or wrong. LOL!!!!

I wear my NY hat and NY t-shirt but I'm not a fan of the Yankees.

I've stated my personal reasons as to why I'm opposed to snitching on cheaters in class. I never said my personal reasons were right and yours wrong.

I think everything was discussed that needed to be discussed and thread should be closed

We're talking about the the OP's classmate in undergrad. How do you know that person is a pre-pharm student? LOL jp

Anyway, it's even better that I'm competing against a cheater. You must be Houdini if you've accomplished a 3.6+ GPA by cheating. The reason that person cheated because he/she did not know the material. Or why else would you cheat? I'm guessing he/she will fail the PCAT exam anyway.

Actually, the guy claimed he is a premed.

I think everything was discussed that needed to be discussed and thread should be closed

I agree, further discussions are feeding the trolls.

DontFeedtheTrolls.jpg

But they're so cute.

I got this picture off the Russian web site, pictures of trolls on American websites were giving me nightmares.;)

Now there's an idea. Just take it off topic to the point no one cares about responding.

I've wanted an excuse to use this little guy. :hijacked: Maybe Knick can make him beat a horse with his sign.

I think when I am preparing your daughter's chemotherapy I'm just going to cheat a little and only use half the active ingrediant. No one will report me right? So its ok? Someone wouldn't dare be a snitch and report me, I'm just trying to make some extra cash by using less of those expensive drugs. Your daughter is probably going to die anyway so it doesn't matter, right?

What is ok? If you organized a criminal activity without including your team members they have no reason to cover you up.

If you don't have the balls to report a cheater that's fine. Go slither into your corner like the snake that you are, because you're not better than the cheater themselves. Don't you dare call somebody a snitch because they are doing the right thing that you're cowardly *** is to chicken **** to do.

Look if your balls are so big why don't you tell your family , friends, ackwaintances, coworkers, fellow students, neighbours about it? Too modest perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avrelian
"Doing the right thing", "I am supposed to" , "Its illegal not to " Whatever makes you happy man. Just don't expect any kind of trust/friendship from anyone around you as long as you live.

I don't need to be friends with cheaters. They might try to cheat off of me :)

Oh I didnt say cheaters. I said anyone, that will include even your fellow snitchers.

You glorifying cheating in some creative ways and making out 'ratting' to be the worst crime known to human is not going to change my personal opinion.

I am not glorifying cheating in any way and never said nor considered ratting to be a crime. Ratting is one of the most disgusting features of human character, that's it. And I couldn't care less about changing your personal opinion.

I said I don't defend cheating! What I said is that if your classmate decided to cheat on exam, he/she probably considered possible risks of being caught, and that will include professor, his assistents, a possible rat(s) in the class, so unless you are that rat you have no business stabbing him in the back.
As for me, I never had a need to cheat on exam, even when i wasnt well prepared.

P.S - I have plenty of friends, they have morals standards just like I do.
Oh you do. Do they know that you are a "hero" ?

Last year my friend failed a class after failing a final on which she could have easily cheated on - analytical chem. Call her an idiot but she just couldn't do it.

please accept my condolences. Such amount work, gaining trust, ets, and nothing in the end, all that effort in wane. Or perhaps she just figured out who you really are?

I thought I should respond but then I realized you are nothing more but a typical troll. I also have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say - you need to work on your logic.

Maybe I should clarify.

He doesn't condone cheating. That's is #1 position.

He is saying that cheating is wrong, and that reporting cheating is also wrong, especially if you're doing it just to get into the professor's good graces.

I'm going to stop paying attention to this thread. I am done with my finals and going to go party ! You guys can stick around and argue all you want.
connie_1.gif
spruce_up.gif
girl_hide.gif

Maybe I should clarify.

He doesn't condone cheating. That's is #1 position.

He is saying that cheating is wrong, and that reporting cheating is also wrong, especially if you're doing it just to get into the professor's good graces.

Nobody is reporting cheaters to get on professor's graces. People are reporting cheaters because they are cheaters.

Well, lets bring it back to the Yankees merchandise anthology. If you're buying and wearing the merchandise, whether or not you especially like the Yankees, you're supporting them. Likewise if you know it's happening, and if you're allowing it to happen, OR if you are ostracizing people who are able to report cheaters, then you are supporting the cheaters.

I am not glorifying cheating in any way and never said nor considered ratting to be a crime. Ratting is one of the most disgusting features of human character, that's it. And I couldn't care less about changing your personal opinion.

I would think that cheating is, but okay, you're entitled to your opinion.

I said I don't defend cheating! What I said is that if your classmate decided to cheat on exam, he/she probably considered possible risks of being caught, and that will include professor, his assistents, a possible rat(s) in the class, so unless you are that rat you have no business stabbing him in the back.
As for me, I never had a need to cheat on exam, even when i wasnt well prepared.

Oh you do. Do they know that you are a "hero" ?

Are professors "rats" for failing someone? Are TA's "rats", I mean what business do they have pointing out a cheater, they're wasting their own money for not learning anything am I right?

please accept my condolences. Such amount work, gaining trust, ets, and nothing in the end, all that effort in wane. Or perhaps she just figured out who you really are?
What?

Wow, has this thread has gone awry...

Let's just say... no one approves of cheaters and not everyone thinks that everyone should turn in a cheater...

Let me just say, I've never noticed anyone cheating because I'm always one the last to leave an exam. But you know what? Cheaters are only cheating themselves, so I don't know if I'd turn a cheater in... it will catch up to them sooner or later. But for sure, I'd rather not have to rely on cheating to get a good grade. I would much rather know the stuff than have to think that cheating is the only way to get a good grade... just my 2 cents worth.

you're supporting them[/B].

It depends on what you mean by "supporting".

If I purchase their gear, I am probably "supporting them financially." And at the same time I can hope that they lose throughout the season.

Just because I bought a plain blue t-shirt doesn't necessarily mean I support the CRIPS gang whether I like them or not.

Are professors "rats" for failing someone? Are TA's "rats", I mean what business do they have pointing out a cheater, they're wasting their own money for not learning anything am I right?

No he doesn't. Who in the world are TAs? Table assistants? total adminstrators?
Anyways, if you don't like being a snitch/rat you can consider yourself a hero, like cheburashka does.

I'm going to stop paying attention to this thread. I am done with my finals and going to go party ! You guys can stick around and argue all you want.
connie_1.gif
spruce_up.gif
girl_hide.gif

Too bad, I thought about asking your permission before I share this thread with your classmates. Good luck, "hero''.

Status
Not open for further replies.