Shout out to WesternU/COMP Class of 2003!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edgar

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
WesternU people:

Just wanted to say hello to the Class of 2003. Hope everything is going well with graduations, finishing jobs, and prepping for medical school. Just wanted to get an unofficial count of how many of you are planning on attending the Lake Arrowhead Retreat. Look forward to seeing you there! I also wanted to propose that a group of us get together before orientation and hang out on the SoCal beaches, eat at great restaurants, sightsee, etc. Please give an e-mail if you guys are interested. Have fun and hope to see you in July!

EDGAR

Members don't see this ad.

Amen.. broth'a
Count me in. I'll be in SoCal ~mid July.
--Nicolas--
WesternU'03

Nick,

Cool bro. We're gonna have fun! Take it easy.

EDGAR

Members don't see this ad :)
funny thing is you guys probably won't even like each other!

Hey dogboy, which school are you going to attend... I have been following this site for roughly two years now and you, and a few others in the past, are unique characters! All of your statements boil down to "the bottom line" in every phase of your arguments. But, I am curious as to which allopathic, MD, school you are going to attend in the fall... Take care my friend and good luck with your bashing, it is very much entertaining!

doggie boy,

I know I already dislike you.

EDGAR

Dogboy;

You have had plenty of sniffing of our ass in this site...go lick your balls now or else we will do you doggy stile.

To everyone accepted to WesternU/COMP:

I just wanted to say congrats and welcome to the "WesternU Family". I remember how excited and scared I was when I started. Now that I am done, I will offer a few words of advice.

1. Attend the Getting Ready Weekend. I didn't before I started but then was a coordinator when I was a MS2. I had a blast talking to the incoming class and regretted not going to it the year before I started.

2. Study hard but make time for yourself and your S.O. if you have one. Remember that pretty much everyone gets through and so will you (you really have to work hard to fail out).

3. Be proud being an osteopathic medical student and future D.O. There are many who will try and ruffle your feathers (ie DOGBOY) but don't let them. You can imagine the type of personality they have and what kind of physician there will be. Yes DOGBOY, I am a proud D.O. and even got into a very nice residency at U.C. San Francisco...not bad for an osteopathic physician, aye?

4. Lastly, have fun! Going through medical school is difficult at times and a lot of work. But if it where easy, everyone would do it. Looking back, I had a great time in medical school. At the same time, I had a wife and child and even worked part-time as a paramedic. If I can do it, so can all of you!

Again, congrats to all future D.O.'s and new members of the WesternU Family!

Brandon Atkinson, D.O.

DOGBOY or DOGBOY2 (why are you now this?)

You are getting very predictable. I knew a smart alec comment was coming from you there.

Hi Brandon,

Congratulations on matching at UCSF. What specialty will your residency be in?

Kundun,

I matched into their Family Medicine "Sequoia Pathway" program. They have 3 different "pathways" corresponding to 3 different clinics each with their own emphasis.

Brandon Atkinson, D.O.

hi guys,
i will be attending the summer program which starts june 28. i am very excited and can't wait for GETTING READY WEEKEND.see ya'll soon
congrats to all the western u'ers!
adriana

Guys, any of you find an apartment yet? I went down to LA this past weekend and after 2 days of searching, I finally found a place. It is amazing how few vacancies there are for July/August, the housing market is very tight down there. Good luck in house hunting everybody! P.S., Chino Hills seems to be a pretty hot place for WesternU students to live. There is an apartment building called Woodview Apartment Homes, and they still have some vacancies (or will soon have vacancies). If you can afford the rent, it is a nice place.

EDGAR

[This message has been edited by Paul's Boutique (edited August 23, 1999).]

See you all there in 2000!
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Paul (Western Univ./COMP '04)

"Never give in, never give in,
never, never, never, never..."

-Sir Winston Churchill, 1944