silence = rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

red dot

burning, burning
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you haven't heard from a school in ~3 months since you've turned in your secondaries, does that pretty much equate to being rejected (eventually if not now)?

does anyone have any experience with hearing nothing for a long time and then all of a sudden get an interview invite or a rejection in the spring semester? anyone actually get accepted despite having gone through a period of hearing nothing from schools (or being put on hold)?

if so, please post!

Members don't see this ad.

Contact those schools and ask them what the deal with your application is. What are you afraid of? They'll look up your file and affix a large red X sticker because you called them?
It's your life, be assertive. You want them more than they want you. Show it to them. Court them. Love them. Lie with them. They just don't want to feel lonely. Be the one to warm them up.
To answer your question, I don't know. It could happen, but it's better to find out now.

hey thanks. i guess i just need a pep talk sometimes. i'm just seeing all these people on sdn get more interviews or more acceptances each day and it's making me nervous.

You get nervous reading SDN? Welcome to the club!
Yeah, sometimes it really helps to have someone give you a gentle kick/prod in the behind. Now where were these people when my grades weren't all that hot in college?