Silly question about earplugs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Govols13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/taking/

Items Permitted in the Test Room
You may only bring the following items into the testing room:

Photo Identification
Center-provided scratch paper and pencils
Center-provided locker key
Wireless earplugs in an unopened container and presented to the test center administrator for inspection

I bought a package of those foam earplugs from Target, came with about 10 pairs. I've been using them for practice tests, and I plan on using them for the real thing. Do I have to go out and buy a new package so they are "unopened"

I'm not bothered about buying more, I just don't want to show up and not be allowed to use them

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I showed up with unopened ear plugs, and my testing center allowed me to use them. I assume each testing center is a little different based on the proctors. Just to be safe I would just buy a new box.

I'm not sure when your test is, but I went to visit the testing center a few days before and the staff was super nice about answering questions. That will be the best way to find out their rules, since each center may vary slightly.
I ended up buying a new packet because I only had one pair that I had previously used. They didn't even care that my package was new, they just checked that they were wireless, and they made sure I wasn't sneaking in some cheating ear piece.

My advice: Make a quick stop at the testing center if possible. Good luck!

I don't know about you, but ear plugs are just a pain to use. I wish we can bring our own ear muffs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone, I just went out about bought a new pack (10 pair was the cheapest) to be safe. I'll have plenty to distribute to other MCATers tomorrow....