Silly question about earplugs...

Started by Govols13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Govols13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/taking/

Items Permitted in the Test Room
You may only bring the following items into the testing room:

Photo Identification
Center-provided scratch paper and pencils
Center-provided locker key
Wireless earplugs in an unopened container and presented to the test center administrator for inspection


I bought a package of those foam earplugs from Target, came with about 10 pairs. I've been using them for practice tests, and I plan on using them for the real thing. Do I have to go out and buy a new package so they are "unopened"

I'm not bothered about buying more, I just don't want to show up and not be allowed to use them
 
I showed up with unopened ear plugs, and my testing center allowed me to use them. I assume each testing center is a little different based on the proctors. Just to be safe I would just buy a new box.
 
I'm not sure when your test is, but I went to visit the testing center a few days before and the staff was super nice about answering questions. That will be the best way to find out their rules, since each center may vary slightly.
I ended up buying a new packet because I only had one pair that I had previously used. They didn't even care that my package was new, they just checked that they were wireless, and they made sure I wasn't sneaking in some cheating ear piece.

My advice: Make a quick stop at the testing center if possible. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks everyone, I just went out about bought a new pack (10 pair was the cheapest) to be safe. I'll have plenty to distribute to other MCATers tomorrow....