silly question? hair style for interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDtoMD16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being English myself, I have been a huge fan of the Peaky Blinders and for the past few years I have been rocking various renditions of the Peaky Blinders hair style. Usually a 1 off the entire back and around the sides with hair left short to medium on the top. As of late, the style has really had a major resurgence and you guys probably know somebody rocking one right now. Question is should I change styles for interview purposes?

And for anybody that hasn't seen the Peaky Blinders...get your @ss on Netflix and prepare for one hell of a binge!

ASOS_MW_DD_ARTICLE_HAIRCUT_OF_THE_WEEK.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

my hairstyle is pretty similar, but maybe a little bit more tapered. i don't see why this would be a problem? it's really not that unconventional

Meh its hard to answer. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, and I wouldn't judge a person necessarily from their haircut, as long as it looks professional. But if I were in your shoes I would just change it to a more conventional cut. You don't know the biases of your adcoms. It's up to you though. If you think it's stupid to change your hairdo for an interview then don't. But if you feel it could in any way be seen as even slightly negative by the committee then just bite the bullet and change it. And you posting this question shows you're aware of some biases people may have toward it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meh its hard to answer. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, and I wouldn't judge a person necessarily from their haircut, as long as it looks professional. But if I were in your shoes I would just change it to a more conventional cut. You don't know the biases of your adcoms. It's up to you though. If you think it's stupid to change your hairdo for an interview then don't. But if you feel it could in any way be seen as even slightly negative by the committee then just bite the bullet and change it. And you posting this question shows you're aware of some biases people may have toward it.

This is pretty much my thought process at the moment. Thank you for the reply!

Being English myself, I have been a huge fan of the Peaky Blinders and for the past few years I have been rocking various renditions of the Peaky Blinders hair style. Usually a 1 off the entire back and around the sides with hair left short to medium on the top. As of late, the style has really had a major resurgence and you guys probably know somebody rocking one right now. Question is should I change styles for interview purposes?

And for anybody that hasn't seen the Peaky Blinders...get your @ss on Netflix and prepare for one hell of a binge!

ASOS_MW_DD_ARTICLE_HAIRCUT_OF_THE_WEEK.jpg

Get a professional hairstyle for interviews.

They love to see a classic bowl-cut.

Reactions: 4 users
That haircut is the reason why I don't watch the show.

Reactions: 1 users
Ultimately you can't go wrong with a standard conservative haircut that is washed and neatly combed. You risk going wrong with something else and have a higher risk for the more extreme styles. Risk doesn't mean it will hurt you, but you just don't know if the interviewer may have a particular bias. That said, imo the particular style isn't too unusual if combed neatly and probably the least of what you'd have to worry about.

I recently interviewed an intern who looked like she just woke up and didn't brush her hair. She was a decent candidate but the first impression was really hard to overcome. Her name ended up further down the list, because if she looks that disheveled now when she should be at her best I can imagine what will happen when things get really intense.

Need something that's super sleek and gets all the chicks at the interviews bro!

Reactions: 1 user
This is pretty much my thought process at the moment. Thank you for the reply!
No problem! And the good thing is hair can always grow back. And once you're accepted you can start wearing your hair that way again!

Go in with a Mohawk. Would leave an impression with the interviewers for sure. They won't forget about you.

Need something that's super sleek and gets all the chicks at the interviews bro!

+1...... hahaha

If you want to get the ladies and look [more] attractive..... I would recommend this look. It's a lady killer. I even did this hairstyle for all of my interviews. They all seemed to like it.
12540550_10205635045542166_2785904962187557093_n.jpg

I'm currently rocking this style tonight when I go clubbing. I use a molding max and hairspray. You can go to any barber and get it done for cheap. Dont go to a hair salon like I used to; I was charged +$40/visit depend on the experienced stylist.

Creds: I'm a pretty boy and have been doing my hair since the 7th grade.

His is messy and laid back, which is fine but for interview purposes I think it would nice if you taper it and not so much of a disconnect the way the actor has it. It would also help if you just neatly style it and not let it look care free. From what gyngyn have told me they won't even mind a man bun in cali but it has to be neat. I think you can't go wrong with a classic cut especially for high stake interview like medicine.

Performer here and former newspaper worker, interviews are my thing.

With interviews, make your hair look nice. Don't go over nuts with the gel, but it should look neatly arranged. Bold hairstyles may or may not work in your favor, go with what feels natural to you but looks professional. Nothing wild or super eye catching....and for the love of mercy no frosted tips.....