This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeifersLilSisL8

Reaction score
Since no one has posted about this program yet this year; I guess I will. I wanted to create a safe space for people who are applying to this program to talk about where they are in the process. Personally, I applied cycle 1 and I received an interview. The interview was on Friday, Nov. 22nd, and there were about 10 other people who were interviewed. Since the program itself is in the process of looking for a new director, the latest Dr. Stevens (the Admissions Coordinator) said we could hear back is April 5th. Which feels like forever, but I'm patient.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi @SeifersLilSisL8 I sent in my consolidated packet about 3 weeks ago, & put in a call to Mr.Stevens to approve it for submission & I'm still waiting. I believe they are now out of office for winter break but I'm staying hopeful as well !

What area are you from ?

Hi @SeifersLilSisL8 I sent in my consolidated packet about 3 weeks ago, & put in a call to Mr.Stevens to approve it for submission & I'm still waiting. I believe they are now out of office for winter break but I'm staying hopeful as well !

What area are you from ?

@Msbryant95 good luck! I’m sure you will her submission approval soon. And I believe they usually send people dates for admission days late January. Like the 27-30th or so. I’m from Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it typically take once your consolidated packed is received to be able to submit?

What area are you from ?

have you heard back? I’m still waiting for my consolidated packet to get the green check mark, it was delivered weeks ago but the deadline is tomorrow.I called a Couple of times and was told everything should be fine if it’s been delivered, but i don’t know when it will update in the system in time by tomorrow.

Is anyone else having trouble with the green check mark for consolidated packet?

Reactions: 1 user
have you heard back? I’m still waiting for my consolidated packet to get the green check mark, it was delivered weeks ago but the deadline is tomorrow.I called a Couple of times and was told everything should be fine if it’s been delivered, but i don’t know when it will update in the system in time by tomorrow.

Is anyone else having trouble with the green check mark for consolidated packet?

Hey , I submitted my application a few moments ago. Oddly enough it was approved on the deadline date , but I have a feeling most packets are being approved today(1/23/2020). Mr.Stevens also requested that I send him a confirmation email once I submit. GOOD LUCK !!!!

Hey , I submitted my application a few moments ago. Oddly enough it was approved on the deadline date , but I have a feeling most packets are being approved today(1/23/2020). Mr.Stevens also requested that I send him a confirmation email once I submit. GOOD LUCK !!!!

Thank you!! I have the green check mark for everything now but I still can’t press submit. It only shows the ‘close window’ button. I emailed Mr. Stevens as well and he said I should be able to submit on Monday. Do you know how soon until we hear back if we are invited to an admissions day for cycle 2? Fingers crossed!! Good luck!!

Thank you!! I have the green check mark for everything now but I still can’t press submit. It only shows the ‘close window’ button. I emailed Mr. Stevens as well and he said I should be able to submit on Monday. Do you know how soon until we hear back if we are invited to an admissions day for cycle 2? Fingers crossed!! Good luck!!

Great!! Im not sure when those dates are Im hoping we hear something early February ! Please keep me updated if you hear back !

I hope everyone is staying safe during this Pandemic. No ones really posted on this board for a while and I believe they've just started notifying people of admissions in the program. I wanted to know who all will be here as an incoming student of Med-Prep June 2020. My name is Clarke and I can't wait to meet you all in the future!!

I hope everyone is staying safe during this Pandemic. No ones really posted on this board for a while and I believe they've just started notifying people of admissions in the program. I wanted to know who all will be here as an incoming student of Med-Prep June 2020. My name is Clarke and I can't wait to meet you all in the future!!

Hello! Have you been accepted yet or are you currently in the program? I had my interview back in February and I'm concerned about how the pandemic will impact things

Hello! Have you been accepted yet or are you currently in the program? I had my interview back in February and I'm concerned about how the pandemic will impact things
I've just received acceptance on March 30th so yesterday! You should hear back between now and early April. I'm not sure how they are dictating who hears back first. I had my interview in January.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I got accepted too and will be an incoming Med-Prep student, my name is Aungelique.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who have been accepted! I haven't heard back yet and I am praying for an acceptance letter! Does anyone know the timeline of letters going out or when to expect your letter in regard to when you interviewed? I interviewed in February.

Congrats to those who have been accepted! I haven't heard back yet and I am praying for an acceptance letter! Does anyone know the timeline of letters going out or when to expect your letter in regard to when you interviewed? I interviewed in February.

I interviewed in February as well! Mr. Stevens said that we will be notified by April 27th at the latest. Also, the pandemic may or may not impact the timeline as well. I'm eager to find out if I was accepted or not!

I’ll be there! Looking forward to meeting you and any other future classmates. Hope everyone’s staying safe!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone! I have been accepted as well! For those who may still be waiting, I encourage you to check your spam folder or reach out to Mr. Stevens because my letter came on April 13 and I did not find out until the 21st.

Hi everyone! I'm glad to see this thread is more active now! I also have been accepted to MEDPREP and was wondering if any you would like to keep in touch to discuss summer session/ housing ? Feel free to message me!

Hi everyone! I'm glad to see this thread is more active now! I also have been accepted to MEDPREP and was wondering if any you would like to keep in touch to discuss summer session/ housing ? Feel free to message me!

Congratulations! I’ve been accepted into the program as well. However, I will be living at home since the summer session is virtual. I won’t be moving there until they confirm that Fall 2020 will be in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I’ve been accepted into the program as well. However, I will be living at home since the summer session is virtual. I won’t be moving there until they confirm that Fall 2020 will be in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here!

Hey y'all, 2nd year MEDPREP student here.

I hope you all are doing well. I'm just posting here to answer any questions you might have about the program. I know the panel sessions got messy, but don't be discouraged! Once I get the word from Mr. Stevens, you'll be hearing a lot more from me.

Does anyone know when the app for 2021 will open? The site says July but it doesn't appear to be open yet. I emailed also to confirm but no one has responded.

Does anyone know when the app for 2021 will open? The site says July but it doesn't appear to be open yet. I emailed also to confirm but no one has responded.
I am honestly wondering the same thing. I just gave the office a call this morning the application process is different this time around. You have to call them and make an appointment to make sure that you are an eligible applicant. Be ready to talk when you call because the process is quick.

Its true. The application this year is a bit different. You have to CALL (don't email) the office and set up a web meeting first. If it's determined you meet all the requirements then you can apply. Meeting usually lasts an hour and you basically go over you academic transcript.

I hope you all are doing well. I'm just posting here to answer any questions you might have about the program. I know the panel sessions got messy, but don't be discouraged! Once I get the word from Mr. Stevens, you'll be hearing a lot more from me.
Hi All,

If anyone have questions about the program please let me know? My transition working with Mr. Stevens directly was awesome. I would send emails late at night since I worked during normal MEDPREP office hours and over the weekend and received a reply. I never had a program that did this. If I can't answer your question, I will get the answer for you.

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is an early cycle or early admission deadline for the 2021 cohort?

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is an early cycle or early admission deadline for the 2021 cohort?
We now only have the one Main Cycle that opened today (Tuesday, September 1, 2020) and will close on Friday, January 22, 2021. We also now have, “Rolling Admissions” which means that the MEDPREP Admissions office will evaluate applications as they are received versus waiting to evaluate all applications after a hard deadline.

Hello,
I was informed that their is a new step 1 to the Application Procedures which is all applicants must now schedule a Webex conference call with the MEDPREP Admissions Coordinator. This new step ensures that premature applicants and non mission fit applicants do not apply if they don't meet the minimum MEDPREP Application Requirements. I think this was an awesome idea that the program implemented.

Can someone who finished the program share what their experience was like, what was the schedule like each semester/year, what medical schools were you accepted into besides SIU? How much did it cost for oos vs instate tuition, what housing was available, what was the atmosphere like amongst peers/faculty members? Any response would be helpful because I have not seen much about this program!

Can someone who finished the program share what their experience was like, what was the schedule like each semester/year, what medical schools were you accepted into besides SIU? How much did it cost for oos vs instate tuition, what housing was available, what was the atmosphere like amongst peers/faculty members? Any response would be helpful because I have not seen much about this program!

Dear Dr. Determined...One of my friends completed the program and informed me that the MEDPREP website is very informative and their FAQ page answers a lot of your questions. She also told me to tell you to email Mr. Stevens the MEDPREP Admissions Coordinator who was very helpful when she applied. He even went and physically inspected her apartment site unseen before she ever moved to Carbondale. She told me that she never had a school administrator ever do something like that in her entire life. She also mentioned that you can schedule a one on one Webex video conference with Mr. Stevens

Last edited:
Does any one have their virtual admissions day tomorrow? I am so worried about this test that they give...I know its just to see where you are academically but still it's making me anxious.

Does any one have their virtual admissions day tomorrow? I am so worried about this test that they give...I know its just to see where you are academically but still it's making me anxious.
Don’t be too nervous about it. Just kill your interview with your faculty!

I applying as well and I'm very nervous, oct 1st is when the application opens up
I have spoken to Mr. stevens back in Aug.
He told me to call him back on Oct. 1st

Hey can I PM you?