Skiing Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Burt Bachrach

Anyone know of good skiing electives for 4th year. I was thinking of spending time out West at the end of the month or maybe even in Europe. I was planning on going to whistler but they have almost no snow.

Members don't see this ad.

Burt Bachrach said:
Anyone know of good skiing electives for 4th year. I was thinking of spending time out West at the end of the month or maybe even in Europe. I was planning on going to whistler but they have almost no snow.

Take your skiing elective in Utah. I was there a few weeks ago... too MUCH snow! :D

Just be careful! My husband started off his skiing elective by blowing out his ACL in some heavy powder. After the initial bed-ridden recovery period, he spent the rest of the rotation on crutches, wathcing people come and go from the slopes.

Members don't see this ad :)
ms. a said:
Just be careful! My husband started off his skiing elective by blowing out his ACL in some heavy powder. After the initial bed-ridden recovery period, he spent the rest of the rotation on crutches, wathcing people come and go from the slopes.

better to be out there and injured than away from the snow.

typeB-md said:
better to be out there and injured than away from the snow.

Veteran of the "unhappy triad" here, myself.... agreed! (then again, i'm a little crazy)

you have to get out to utah. during 1st and 2nd year it is easy to get in 50-80 days of skiing each year. one of the benefits of doing an elective in utah is you will have plenty of amazing people to ski with. plus, 10 resorts are within a 1 hour drive.

it is too bad, but you just missed the start of ski path. the lecture runs from 9-12 and the skiing from 12-5 :)

but i know plenty of students who came out and did gas, urology or other electives and still had tons of time to ski. and trust me, we have plenty of snow. alta's base is 120+

japhy said:
you have to get out to utah. during 1st and 2nd year it is easy to get in 50-80 days of skiing each year. one of the benefits of doing an elective in utah is you will have plenty of amazing people to ski with. plus, 10 resorts are within a 1 hour drive.

it is too bad, but you just missed the start of ski path. the lecture runs from 9-12 and the skiing from 12-5 :)

but i know plenty of students who came out and did gas, urology or other electives and still had tons of time to ski. and trust me, we have plenty of snow. alta's base is 120+

is ski path open to 2nd year students?

what in the world is a SKIING elective??? :laugh:

no, skipath is only available to 4th years. it is basically a review of all the pathology that was covered during 1st and 2nd year.

and besides, if you are a second year at utah you should already have tons of time to ski. hell, i put in 40-50 days during second year and still held down a part time job.

Burt Bachrach said:

They're supposed to get some in the next few days though.