Skip Spring Semester to Study MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted981229

I'm a post bacc student and about to complete all my pre re this semester. I'd like to know if it's a good idea to skip the spring 2020 semester to study MCAT. I plan to apply in 2020.
My concern is whether medical schools will view me as a slacker. On the other hand, my school really doesn't offer any interesting classes in spring semesters except A&P 2, which I'm taking A&P 1 this semester, but the picture doesnt show.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have all your pre-reqs completed I personally would just devote my time to the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
take a light course load (like i wouldnt advise taking multiple upper level bios, pchem etc during your study semester) but imo theres no need to take the semester fully off. You have the entirety of winter break to study as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a post bacc student and about to complete all my pre re this semester. I'd like to know if it's a good idea to skip the spring 2020 semester to study MCAT. I plan to apply in 2020.
My concern is whether medical schools will view me as a slacker. On the other hand, my school really doesn't offer any interesting classes in spring semesters except A&P 2, which I'm taking A&P 1 this semester, but the picture doesnt show.

As a post bac, you do not need to take a single credit beyond your prerequisites and/or retakes for grade repair purposes. Just stop going to school once you've met the minimum requirements for your target programs and save yourself the money.

I took a whole year off to study for the MCAT. I've been fairly successful this cycle so far. Nobody has called me a slacker yet :)

• Wow
As a post bac, you do not need to take a single credit beyond your prerequisites and/or retakes for grade repair purposes. Just stop going to school once you've met the minimum requirements for your target programs and save yourself the money.

I took a whole year off to study for the MCAT. I've been fairly successful this cycle so far. Nobody has called me a slacker yet :)
Did you work or do any ECs while studying for the MCAT?

Did you work or do any ECs while studying for the MCAT?

Yes, that's a good question and I should clarify. I was also bolstering my ECs and working throughout my "gap" year. I wasn't spending money on tuition, but I was working hard on my medical school application.

Yes, that's a good question and I should clarify. I was also bolstering my ECs and working throughout my "gap" year. I wasn't spending money on tuition, but I was working hard on my medical school application.

No. I might volunteer or shadow physicians, but I do not plan to do much ECs. I had tons of ECs before. In addition, I was a medic in the Army for 6 yrs. attached is my current transcript. Like I mentioned, if I do take class(es), I will prob only A&P 2 which I'm currently taking A&P 1

I only took one class in the spring to study for the MCAT and have had a successful cycle so far, so I would say do what you need to do