Slackin off Senior Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have completely lost motivation to study for these last few classes. Although I want straight A's I am not trying close to as hard as I did pre-AACOMAS submition.
Anybody else procrastinating this semester? :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

Wish I had that luxury!

-Ben

I had that problem last year right after I got my acceptance letter. Problem was that I was accepted at the end of sept. I wanted to do well but lost all motivation, lets just say I was in a bit of an academic slump. So far PCOM has not brought it up. I think I have learned more in the last 3 weeks than I did the whole spring semester. I would not start slacking until after you receive an acceptance letter, better yet don't slack at all if you can help it.

Members don't see this ad :)
OnMyWayThere said:
I have completely lost motivation to study for these last few classes. Although I want straight A's I am not trying close to as hard as I did pre-AACOMAS submition.

Slacking off senior year is a BIG mistake. Especially, if you have not received an acceptance yet. You never know if you are going to have to reapply the following year.

I slacked off my last year before med school for some reason it helped, as I got a 4.0 for the first time.

I'm not slacking off, just bored. I will probably drop my genetics class though, and take something else in the spring. I'm just not "into" it, and the teacher isn't very good. I'm already at 16 hours.

Everything else is a low-level course or worse, a lab. :(

OnMyWayThere said:

If you don't have a borderline GPA, it's okay to slack off---especially in non-science classes. This is moreso true if you have already been invited to interview. Those new grades won't be considered after that occurs.

As long as you make a C or above in med school prerequisites, and you actually finish school, nothing can be affected.

Yes, I am definately slacking. I'm tired of taking classes to fulfill requirements. Econ104 is of no use to anyone.

I've only been to one microbiology lecture since the semester started :p

I completely slacked of last semester as well. I received my first acceptance in October. First semester I didn't intentionally slack off, but it was just so hard to study when I was getting ready to go to Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. Oh well ... second semester I just was procrastinating like crazy. Paper due at 10am, I'll just wake up at 6am to write it. It didn't help that was the only semester which I received all As. Don't worry you'll get back into studying once med school starts. Not necessarily because you want to, but because you have to ...