Smart to do MHA in Canada after completing MBBS from Bangladesh?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sway_212

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As the title would suggest, I have completed my MBBS degree from Bangladesh and will be starting my one year obligatory internship soon. I was using my free time to look up what I could possibly study in the future and happened to come across MHA.

I have heard about MPH a lot, and it's definitely an interesting field with a wide variety of career opportunities. However, I recently read about healthcare administration and wanted to know more about it. From what I've read online, it appears that a lot of nurses study MHA looking to get into the administrative side of things. To get a job, a bachelors in healthcare administration isn't good enough.

So that's why I was wondering whether me, as a MBBS graduate and one year of work experience, should apply to MHA and whether that will help me get a good job after graduating or whether this won't matter and nurses will have a preference over me. I'm not against nurses or anything but rather I was wondering if MHA after MBBS is a good career path , that's all.

Oh and I chose Canada since my family lives there. I would prefer to study there

Thanks for any info!