SMP Advice ~Texas~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocTom97

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've searched the forum but couldn't find anyone in the particular situation I'm in. I applied this previous cycle ( Texas Resident) to some super new DO schools to see how I'd fair but wasn't expecting much and did not receive any II as expected. My GPAs are listed below and show a huge upward trend with the exception of a supposed cheating incident (no IA just an F which I fought for 1.5 yrs with a lawyer and couldn't get the F resolved) retook the class with the same professor since he was the only one teaching and got a B. ECs/ Clinical Experience/ Shadowing are all 9-10/10. The first few years were terrible due to family issues and I've learned immensely on how to deal with issues that may arise such as that. I took very difficult courses in my last 1.5 years and aced the courses so I know I can handle the difficult coursework thrown my way in an SMP. The main question I wanted to ask is if doing well in an SMP will allow me to fair better with my super low GPAs as I have seen people on here state some schools such as texas schools still won't take a risk on an applicant with my stats and favor uGPAs more than an SMP.

I have targeted SMPs with linkage with my top choices being Loyola Chicago, RFU, EVMS, UC

Stats (according to AACOMAS)

cGPA: 3.18
sGPA 2.87
MCAT: 510 / 517 (FL scores for upcoming january test date)

Members don't see this ad.