Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer any constructive opinions about my post-bacc situation...
I am presently taking post-bacc classes and am trying to somehow fit Physics I, Orgo I, and a full-time job at a med clinic into one semester. I have a couple of options: either get those done with, take the MCAT, and apply to an SMP or take it slower and work full-time while taking one class now, one over the summer, and maybe a few next year to boost my 3.1 GPA, then take the MCAT and see how far I get. I graduated from a top 20 school so I do not know how much reputation matters, but my classes now are going to be at a state university for a variety of reasons (mainly financial). I know med schools see the SMP GPA and the undergrad GPA as two separate things, however, say I do very well in an SMP and receive a high MCAT score. Will my chances still be much lower because my undergrad will stay in the 3.1-3.3 range? Will a full-time job along with 2 sciences and MCAT prep be too much to handle? Anyone working fulltime and "post-baccing" at the same time? Also would you retake B's in your sciences?
Thanks!
I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer any constructive opinions about my post-bacc situation...
I am presently taking post-bacc classes and am trying to somehow fit Physics I, Orgo I, and a full-time job at a med clinic into one semester. I have a couple of options: either get those done with, take the MCAT, and apply to an SMP or take it slower and work full-time while taking one class now, one over the summer, and maybe a few next year to boost my 3.1 GPA, then take the MCAT and see how far I get. I graduated from a top 20 school so I do not know how much reputation matters, but my classes now are going to be at a state university for a variety of reasons (mainly financial). I know med schools see the SMP GPA and the undergrad GPA as two separate things, however, say I do very well in an SMP and receive a high MCAT score. Will my chances still be much lower because my undergrad will stay in the 3.1-3.3 range? Will a full-time job along with 2 sciences and MCAT prep be too much to handle? Anyone working fulltime and "post-baccing" at the same time? Also would you retake B's in your sciences?
Thanks!