This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spartandoc2019

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My uGPA is 3.3 (2.9 sGPA) I graduated with an SMP gpa of a 3.6 with 1 C. I had an upward trend where the last two semesters I took 15 credits each and earned As to make up for the C. I have solid ECs and I'm currently studying for my MCAT. I know an overall 3.6 isn't great but could it make up for the C?
 
You should be fine. I got a C+ in histology during my 2 year SMP. It was during my first semester and then I got 3 semesters of straight A's afterwards to finish with a 3.72. I think a 3.6 is still good especially since you ended with an upward trajectory. Now just crush that MCAT.
 
My uGPA is 3.3 (2.9 sGPA) I graduated with an SMP gpa of a 3.6 with 1 C. I had an upward trend where the last two semesters I took 15 credits each and earned As to make up for the C. I have solid ECs and I'm currently studying for my MCAT. I know an overall 3.6 isn't great but could it make up for the C?
I think that you should be OK, but you'll need to apply broadly, and as you know, MCAT will make or break you.