SMP Gtown - How do med schools view you?

Started by jspeed24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jspeed24

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've fulfilled all my premed requirements including genetics and biochem, but my advisor is suggesting I take 4 or so more classes to help out my grades, since they dipped in my junior and senior years at college.

I'm debating between applying to the SMP program or taking night classes at one of the DC-area universities. I'm wondering how med schools viewed people coming out of SMP programs, and whether schools viewed these programs as a negative since it's main purpose is to get students into MD/DO schools?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!